Need Some Friends for Support

Options
Okay here I go. I am 73 and need to lose 100 pounds. I can hardly walk due to bad knees so never went anywhere unless the store had a electric cart. I just bought a walker a few weeks ago . The kind with a seat so that I could start doing some walking and if I had any problems I could sit down for a few minutes. I want to lose weight as I know it can cause serious health problems but to be honest I sometimes worry if it is too much to expect and try to lose this late in life.I do have a food problem as I love to eat all kinds. I enjoy food it is my drug of choice as that is what I do for enjoyment go out to eat. But am trying to control what I eat and how much and I know I can do it as long as I stay focused. That is why I joined MFP and looking for members to be my friends and help support me.

Replies

• karabff
    Options
    Ms Nancy: My name is Jackie an I to need to lose 100..this is my 2nd time at having to do it. 15 yrs ago I was successful at getting the weight off, then 5 years ago I got very sick. In the 5 years since I not only put on 100 but was told I had fibrolmyalgia along with 2 pinched nerves in my neck...due to the pain I also now have a sleep disorder..an to top it off I am entering menapause :) I just want to encourage you that you can do it..I found that I am not able to exercise the way I use to but everyday that I do it I know in the end I will eventually be stronger...my routine is get on the treadmill for at least 30 min (slow pace) get off get sick go to bed..but I believe if I keep it up this will not always be the case . Even if you are sitting down you can usel light weights, soup cans what ever you have around, and my experience is it is all about staying with it...a yr from now you will be further then you are today...:flowerforyou: changing eating habits is hard but just take it one day at a time an make small changes an you will see results ...I belive in you so keep up the good work.
  • banks89202
    Options
    Hey Nacy!
    I am Alicia and I need to lose 90ish pounds ( I was at 100 but I lost almost 10 already) I will add you and cheer you on :)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nancy, I have sent a friend request
  • MsNancy1827
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement , Jackie. I am surely going to give it my best shot. I am off to a good start with my breakfast today, now just to keep it up with my food and try to get in some type exercise. Sounds like you are going through a lot physically right now but you are hanging in there. Good for you as I know it has to be hard. I am sure I would have given up, so I am really glad to meet you. You can be my inspiration. Thanks so much, Jackie.
    Hugs, Nancy
  • MsNancy1827
    Options
    Thanks Alicia and Faraway I appreciate it.
    Hugs, Nancy
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    MsNancy, I've sent you a friend request...You CAN do this! So proud of you that you are tackling this challenge!!
  • elsing84
    elsing84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, I started today too and hope too lose at least 75lb, it's tough when any health condition get in the way we really just need all the support we can get.

I have sent a friend request

Kerry
  • simini77
    simini77 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy
    You have come to the right place to help with your loss :) Feel free to add me! I started on Monday and am loving it!
  • nikkeigirl
    Options
    Hi MsNancy!

I need to lose more than 100lbs, so I understand how it feels.
    I already sent you a friend request so we can cheer up each other.
    :)

I wish you a long, happy and healthy life. You deserve it!
  • sandra152
    Options
    Hi Nancy I am also over 60 and i am trying to lose a couple of stone I go to Aqarobics twice a week its a great way of keeping supple and fit, there are ladies in the class who have knee complaints and find it helps give it a go. Sandra
  • kdbug414
    kdbug414 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy,
    I just joined today and would love to be one of your friends. I need to lose 50 pounds and it's so hard after the age of 60. (I'm 65.)BUT we can do this. WE MUST do this.....I think it will help the pain in our joints. Sending you a friend request.
    Kaye
  • swimmer750
    swimmer750 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI Nancy, I am 77 and if I can lose weight you can too. It is just going to take longer for us than the younger generation. I'll send a friend request if I don't do it right fell free to contact me. Swimmer750
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • jamminlover79
    Options
    HI!!! :)

I need to lose 120lbs add me if you wish!
  • rmgraham8
    Options
    Ms Nancy, I am adding you as a friend. Support goes a long way!