Banishing the back flab

Options
No one like to admit they have the dreaded back flab but now has come the time when i have to tackle it!!
I brought a beautiful dress for my 21st birthday but didn't get into it in time since my birthday I've slimmed down a fair amount more and now the dress does up to just under my bust my problem is that i come from a naturally busty family thus while loosing weight I'm loosing nothing off my bust so its time to blast the back flab.

How do you women tackle it? I have 7 weeks before my boyfriends 21st birthday which i would like to wear the dress for.

Stacey x

Replies

• shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know this myself
  • Pinkielee81
    Pinkielee81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i have been trying to lose it this same area.......I stretch and do yoga it simi working....
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Men have it too, I call it turtle button. When it's all one curve. I had it when I was over 300lbs. Unfortunately, you can spot reduce. Since you are on a time frame stay with your diet if it's working and don't allow yourself any cheats. Maybe decreasing carbs and increasing protein. Also increase your complex carbs. Drink alot of water and watch your sodium. Hope this helps.
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    Its just so frustrating i've tried upper body workouts and its still not doing anything much for me :(
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    Men have it too, I call it turtle button. When it's all one curve. I had it when I was over 300lbs. Unfortunately, you can spot reduce. Since you are on a time frame stay with your diet if it's working and don't allow yourself any cheats. Maybe decreasing carbs and increasing protein. Also increase your complex carbs. Drink alot of water and watch your sodium. Hope this helps.

Thanks ill give it a try, i already drink so much water i could burst and my cabs consumption is minimal nowadays x
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    At some point, the only way to "easily" blast fat is with a heavy weight lifting program.

I am following the "New Rules of Lifting for Abs" title, though there are many other weight lifting programs to look into. Heavy lifting for women gives us a nice, lean, and strong figures.
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    I have it too, but mine is going away fairly quickly. I think a good mix of moderate to moderate-high intensity of cardio, along with weight training and stretching (Yoga is what I do) really helps. I consume a lot of protein, more than the limit here most days, and try to keep within my calorie range (sometimes less than 1200 - not too less though- and up to 1600 on high cal burn days). You can't spot reduce, but you can definitely spot train! It improves the muscles there, and will help lift any fat that is in the area. Definitely do exercises that work your major upper body muscles, such as for the chest and back, and you should see an improved difference within a few weeks. Make sure you are combining your workouts with Cardio so you can blast fat. Cardio workouts should be at least 20-30 minutes long. Around 20 minutes is when your body should go into a fat burning mode, but normally anything over 70 minutes changes that mode into an energy burning workout. You can use a moderate weight and still see a difference, but I feel circuit training and keeping up your heart rate (in it's Target Zone) will benefit you the most for specific areas. You can also do calisthenics and really work those muscles! Pushups will help, and doing side planks help too! The side planks focus more on the obliques, but you will still get a workout in the minor muscles of the back holding yourself up. If you want to add more resistance to the side plank, raise your opposite arm straight up in the air, and then curve it in under you and repeat several times. Seated rows, or even standing rows targets that area, but these are used with weight. Good luck, and I hope that this helps!! :)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I think posture is half the problem. I do squats and deadlifts and it has definitely made a different to posture and definition in my shoulders and back - so hopefully people look there rather than my flabby back. I got a nice compliment at the weekend from a friend who said she's noticed my back flab has reduced a lot. Excellent news!
  • Nikki0415
    Options
    I'm am working on mine and it's been a slow process. In the mean time I have been using a open bust bodysuit, it helps smooth everything out. It might be a good plan b :)