Your Best Apple Recipes

Options
begreenbe
begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
With apple picking season almost upon us, I'd like to know what you do with them. Anything besides Apple Crisp, Apple sause??

Replies

• cburnsd
    Options
    Thinly sliced apples always taste great on a turkey sandwich or chopped apples with some walnuts and feta are great in salad. I also added chopped apples with cinnamon when I make acorn squash.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    peel core slice, rinse in fruit fresh or lemon water and freeze. Use them all year in all kinds of ways.
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i've been having a fuji apple everyday with a tablespoon of salt free tahini. ... soooo good.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    core the apple, get seeds out....cut into slices...put in microwave safe plate......spray with Smart Balance spray butter, shake pack of stevia on it and now put some cinnimon on it.....put it in the micro and cook for about 2 to 3 mins...tastes like apple pie....if you want to when it gets out of the micro put a piece of fat free or regular cheddar cheese and let it melt....

very good
  • littlelady62
    Options
    If you want a low cal snack. Peel, core and slice sprinkle cherry or strawberry sugar free jello (dry) over them. great snack.
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sliced apples and cottage cheese! :D
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    For snacks at work, I core an apple at home, put the pieces in a plastic bag, add about 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice, and sprinkle loads of cinnamon. It tastes wonderful as a cold, tangy, sweet snack.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe off MFP. Someone had posted it and oh my gosh I love it and I was never an apple eater prior.
    Peel 4 granny smith apples and cut into bite sized pieces. Coat the apples with 1 pkg of sugar free butterscotch pudding, add 1 can crushed pineapple, add light cool whip to taste. Makes a big batch and I take it all week as a side for lunch.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I dice one up in little pieces, mix with cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/2 -1 T maple syrup and bake it (covered with foil) in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, stir, and bake another 30 minutes or so. Then I let it cool down and add half of the mix to some vanilla yogurt and top with a little granola. It's like an apple pie yogurt parfait and tastes so amazing!
  • begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Some Great ideas here. Thanks!
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Applesauce

8 large apples, skinned, cored, and cut in quarters (1500 grams)
    juice from 2 lemons
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp vanilla
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    ½ cup water

Skin, core, and cut apples into quarters. Put pieces into crockpot. Add other ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. When the apples are tender, mash with a potato masher. (For smoother applesauce, use an immersion blender)

This makes 6 cups with the following nutritional info per 1/2 cup:

Calories: 68.3
    Fat: 0
    Cholesterol: 0
    Sodium: 0.1
    Potassium: 124.2
    Carbs: 18.3
    Fiber: 1.3
    Sugar: 13.8
    Protein: 0
    A: 1.3%
    C: 8.8%