Fresh meat!

Options
Hi Everyone, Newbie alert! My very best friend said I NEEDED to try this community out. So . . . . hello world. My name is Julie or more commonly know as Mom is smaller circles. I have 3 beautiful boys, one of which is my oldest Alexander. He has been very supportive in the "Get Healthy" new me. He is my fitness buddy and cheers me on when I just want to give up. I am looking or serious supporters that I can exchange helpful tips with and sometimes just allow me to get on the gripe train before they help me refocuse on my ultimate goal . . . which is feeling good and look hot.

On a serious note. Recently my doctor told my my thyroid is not behaving. I tried the meds . . . noticed unpleasent side effects. . . and am hoping that dropping the pounds will help my thyroid keep up with the thinner new me.

Thanks for the welcome.

Replies

• Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find MFP to be an extremely helpful and motivational site for you! The people on here are fantastic! Feel free to add me! And more power to you on your journey!
  • cj_ks
    cj_ks Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello there.................

Good luck with your new journey!

Feel free to add me!!
  • robertboulier
    robertboulier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you, it sounds like you like it a lot . today is my first day. What I see I like!
  • robertboulier
    Options
    Thank you , It Is my first day but What I see I like!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!!!

Without the support of the people I've met on here I couldn't have done what I have. I hope that you find the support that you're looking for!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there ..... and welcome to this little part of the world ....... great decision coming here !

Sounds like your son is going to be your hero ..... you've gotta stay healthy for you AND your family ...... the calorie-counting is really cool ........ the app is helpful too ....... if you have questions or just want to vent, (most) people are helpful & encouraging ....... and if a grumpy-gus does show up, just skip over them :laugh:

Have fun !
  • danaweston
    Options
    Hi, there ..... and welcome to this little part of the world ....... great decision coming here !

Sounds like your son is going to be your hero ..... you've gotta stay healthy for you AND your family ...... the calorie-counting is really cool ........ the app is helpful too ....... if you have questions or just want to vent, (most) people are helpful & encouraging ....... and if a grumpy-gus does show up, just skip over them :laugh:

Have fun !

I agree with the above. logging our meals, exercise, and sharing info has helped us...WE can do lots more that I could ever do.
  • ceajules
    Options
    Add me and I have a great support group on facebook as well

http://www.facebook.com/groups/173980249370411/

just copy and paste

Its all Withering A Weigh 182 members all shapes and sizes men and women young and old we are very motivated and alot of us use My Fitness Pal

We would love to have you
  • robertboulier
    Options
    Thank you , I like what I see so far!!
  • robertboulier
    Options
    Thank you , I think i will. It my first day.
  • robertboulier
    Options
    Thank You I like what I see so far.