Back to Primal/Paleo

Options
I was strictly Paleo for 5 months and loved it! I can't tell you what happened that made me fall of the wagon, probably a baguette or something delicious, but I miss how I felt eating that way!!!! Looking for some buds, especially those willing to share their food diaries so I can steal ideas and share some too!! I wanted to get my healthy eating on track before I jumped in and today (well, tomorrow) is the day! I will probably go Primal first to ease the way back. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cball91080
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. Been Paleo for 10 weeks or so (excePt on holidays) and nights out. My downfall is chocolate and I have mastered choc biscuits and fruit and nut choc drops (fully Paleo), happy to share food ideas/recipes!
  • MDeniseMur
    MDeniseMur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What is Paleo?
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping my diary locked - still not ready to open it up. But there are some great recipes at the group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group

I am curious though, I can't tolerate grains well and that's why I went primal. I used to love baguettes and am scared to death to try them even on a 80/20 primal plan. I'm afraid of getting all my arthritis pains back. Did you have any problems when you went off primal/paleo?
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in how you felt after going back as well. Feel free to add. My diary is open to friends.
  • krisam007
    krisam007 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I truly though I was more sensitive to dairy, but that wheat belly thing is no myth! I immediately feel bloated and yucky when I eat gluten, especially bread. It also really messes with my digestive flow, if you know what I'm saying. Basically I felt icky and gained 13 pounds!! Not icky enough to go back right away, obviously, but let's just say I feel a difference for sure! My fam is on board this time which is HUGE for me :)
  • krisam007
    krisam007 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What is Paleo?
    Paleo is a way of eating that goes back to the paleolithic times when humans consumed only quality meat and fish, veggies and fruits, nuts and oils...no grains of any sort, no white potatoes (some do), no legumes, sugar, dairy, or soy. If you google it Robb Wolf is a big name, you can get lots of info! :)
  • mensasu
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I know they put wheat and soy into prepared foods, but I didn't think the amount in meatballs would trigger a reaction. But we had spagetti squash with italian meatballs and Alfredo sause Friday and Saturday. Yesterday I felt more pain in my joints and also some water retention. I can't point to anything else in my diet so for now I am thinking that is the culprit. So lots of green tea today to try and flush the water out.

Its good your family is supportive now. My husband is following primal with me and it definitely makes it easier. He seems to be able to cheat a bit more with battered/coated chicken but I think thats because he didn't have arthritis to start with. Its been 2 months since he had a slice of pizza so I am wondering what his body will do if he has one.:bigsmile:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I know they put wheat and soy into prepared foods, but I didn't think the amount in meatballs would trigger a reaction. But we had spagetti squash with italian meatballs and Alfredo sause Friday and Saturday. Yesterday I felt more pain in my joints and also some water retention. I can't point to anything else in my diet so for now I am thinking that is the culprit. So lots of green tea today to try and flush the water out.

Its good your family is supportive now. My husband is following primal with me and it definitely makes it easier. He seems to be able to cheat a bit more with battered/coated chicken but I think thats because he didn't have arthritis to start with. Its been 2 months since he had a slice of pizza so I am wondering what his body will do if he has one.:bigsmile:

Cauliflower crust pizza
  • mensasu
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza

I don't think he'll be open to that unless he has problems with his favorite pizzeria. But I think I will definitely try it for myself and try tempting him with one. Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza

I don't think he'll be open to that unless he has problems with his favorite pizzeria. But I think I will definitely try it for myself and try tempting him with one. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

He will love it
  • texasblackrose
    Options
    meatza is the best =) i dont miss the crust at all!
    Zucchini boats are the bomb as well.