need some good snack ideas for GAINING weight

Options
Hi everyone i am new here and i am currently trying to gain weight i am 154 lbs and 5ft 11 tall and i want to gain around 10 lbs i weight train (just started) and i suffer from IBS-D and i struggle with this and just wanted some advice on what snacks and foods i can eat to gain weight fast thank you in advance.

Replies

• GiGi_FIERCE
    Options
    i have recipes. most from previous months have calorie totals. you can pick which ones fit your needs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GiGi_FIERCE
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    bananas with peanut butter

nuts

cheese

seeds

whole milk

full fat yogurt

oil on veggies (olive oil is great or canola)

dense breads with 80+ calories per slice

protein shake made with milk, pb, banana, and whole milk

trail mix
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My fav gainer snack is rice with tuna and mayo. Asian rice seasonings added for a crunchy kick.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone i am new here and i am currently trying to gain weight i am 154 lbs and 5ft 11 tall and i want to gain around 10 lbs i weight train (just started) and i suffer from IBS-D and i struggle with this and just wanted some advice on what snacks and foods i can eat to gain weight fast thank you in advance.

Create a calorie surplus.

If you're having trouble eating enough food to eat in a surplus, choose foods that have a higher calorie density.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Bumping to keep track of the suggestions! :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Oils: If you fry something, use coconut oil. Delish.

avocado: in salads, with chips or my personal favorite protein pancake fried into avocado rings topped with peanut butter, egg fried in an avocado ring, guacamole etc

milk: Whole milk chai latte's are my favorite. coconut is pretty good too, in cereal, etc. Whole milk and products made from milk (yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, cream cheese). Put cheese into sandwiches, and melt it onto vegetables. Blend a milkshake with whole milk and yogurt etc.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/30914-list-high-calorie-high/#ixzz26ftV1WBV
    coconut cream on stuff in general

Nuts: I'm currently snacking on macadamian nuts covered in toffee covered in chocolate covered in powdered sugar...not the healthiest but the nuts plane are yummy on salads and things.

Seeds: tahini sauce in soups and salads and wraps etc
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    cheetos
  • ianflinders
    Options
    thank you everyone for the suggestions so far keep them coming thanks :)
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    Breyers cookies n cream oreo blast ice cream...eat the whole thing
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    how about...

1. protein bars in between meals

2. ensure/weight gainer shakes

3. oatmeal cooked w/ milk with nuts and agave or maple syrup

4. pasta tossed in olive oil with parm and tuna packed in oil

5. fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, etc)

6. potatoes w/ butter, sour cream, cheese, and chili

7. hummus with ww pita

8. granola with whole milk as "cereal" --could easily be 1000 calories in a sitting
  • ianflinders
    Options
    Bumping this up.
  • fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    if you want to gain weight eat more clean food, you can minimize fat and also create a calorie surplus. make sure you get 1g of protein per pound of body weight AT LEAST. and around 2g of complex carbs per lb of body weight and of course your veggies provide nutrients and you can eat as much of those as you want.