Need some more motivation? Try this idea...

Options
We all know how popular Pinterest is (and, yes, there are a lot of spam weight loss things on there). But, here is a suggestion I wanted to share that helped motivate me a ton. I started a Pinterest board called "Outfits I want to fit into." Any awesome outfit that wouldn't yet fit me, but would look AWESOME, I would pin and keep on my board.

How awesome is it that I'm debating renaming that board to "Outfits I now can fit into?" Just wore a dress, inspired by that board, to dinner with my husband last night! Thought I would share for a GREAT added incentive to keep you on MFP or at LEAST to keep you going towards your goal.

MFP + Pinterest = EPIC POWER!!! :heart:

EDIT: Here is the board that inspired the movement. :drinker: http://pinterest.com/skeebee/outfits-i-want-to-fit-into-p/

Replies

• jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My first incentive outfit was a size 38 pair of jeans..... I was in a 46 at the time..... right now I'm sitting quite comfortably in my size 5/6 jeans which do up even AFTER dinner!.... my goal outfit now is a size 4 black dress and I'm gonna get there :)

it's a great way to kep your self motivated...... try them on often.... ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T FIT YET
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My first incentive outfit was a size 38 pair of jeans..... I was in a 46 at the time..... right now I'm sitting quite comfortably in my size 5/6 jeans which do up even AFTER dinner!.... my goal outfit now is a size 4 black dress and I'm gonna get there :)

it's a great way to kep your self motivated...... try them on often.... ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T FIT YET

AWESOME!!!! I can't even put into words what an accomplishment that is....huge!!! Thank you for sharing. I still have my second black dress I bought hanging in the closet (my first little black dress was a huge NSV for me a few weeks ago. Onto the next goal!).
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Love this! And all the outfits you picked out are ADORABLE!
  • MustangSally62
    Options
    Thank you for your input about the Outfit on Pinterest. It sounds like just the thing to motivate me. I'm only down 3 lbs so far but can't wait to get to your 43 lb loss. Great achievement on your part!!!
  • MustangSally62
    Options
    You deserve a medal for making your weight loss!!! Congrats on all your hard work!! I can't wait til I finally make that first goal of 25 lbs lost. Trying to stick with this is harder than I thought.
  • Skeebee
    Options
    Love this! And all the outfits you picked out are ADORABLE!

Thanks! Now, if only I had the money to buy them all...:sad:
  • Skeebee
    Options
    Thank you for your input about the Outfit on Pinterest. It sounds like just the thing to motivate me. I'm only down 3 lbs so far but can't wait to get to your 43 lb loss. Great achievement on your part!!!

Thanks! It all started with 3lbs for me; no lie. That was my magic number so you should definitely feel awesome about those 3lbs. :-) Slow and steady wins the race!!