Replies

• NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    oh yeh opinions are one thing being a prick is another
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I don't understand posts like this. If you don't like the forums don't use them. Seems very simple to me?
  • tdcibilly
    Options
    i am here to lose weight and try to support people who are doing the same enloy to ride lighten up as stress can kill too.
    p.s i am add me if you need support from time to time
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    So this is about as big an a-hole as I'll probably ever be here.
    Thanks to the people that are encouraging. I just needed to say it. I get that people will have different opinions, yet there are more appropriate ways of delivering them. It's called "My fitness pal' not "My Fitness Know-t-All, I spit in your face". There are ways of debating and ways of crushing someone. Anyway, I feel better for at least getting it out. :smile: I would just like to help, and get help from people, if i can. But who am I to tell you what to do? Please enjoy what's left of the weekend.!

Fixed.

(Sorry Angel, but I know people have been cringing looking at your grammar. It is less than stellar, but we understand what you're saying. Remember that you're a beautiful person.)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I won't lie or tell you a series of exercise that I know wont help you or anyone achieve their goals......if that is being ****ty....well so be it but I am backed by science. I would not want to lose my time and won't make you lose yours.

This means you're correct, but still an a-hole. She's saying to use some tact when presenting fact.

Edit: Poetry unintended.

That was tactful, in your head, was it?
  • NewAngel35
    Options
    I need to make myself clear....I was not talking about stuff said to me!!!! .......
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    No matter where you go or what group you join there will always be negative people or people who think they know more than everyone else. But for the most part I have found people to be very willing to help me answer questions and most are positive.
    Good luck. Feel free to add me to your friend list.
    Take care,
    Doni
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Please don't leave MFP just because of a handful of jerks who are less than tactful in their posts. This is a really great site with a LOT of nice people who are supportive. :flowerforyou:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I won't lie or tell you a series of exercise that I know wont help you or anyone achieve their goals......if that is being ****ty....well so be it but I am backed by science. I would not want to lose my time and won't make you lose yours.

This means you're correct, but still an a-hole. She's saying to use some tact when presenting fact.

Edit: Poetry unintended.

That was tactful, in your head, was it?

Yeah, I know. Not very tactful. :ohwell: The phrase was just sitting there, waiting to be said. Do I let it go and repress the urge? I could get cancer repressing urges that way! :smokin:
  • LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    the joys of a forum.............if it helps, every forum i'm on has its grumpy and tantrum prone peeps. And the trolls, oh the trolls who just wait to pounce on the innocent!!! be happy and add the nice peeps to your friends who will encourage you, you can add me if you so fancy xxxx
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have only been on here a couple of days and I am already thinking of leaving. I have seen many opinions and comments...

I thought about leaving after my first few days too - after seeing the amount of comments that are snarky, know-it-all, or down right mean. But this IS the internet, and it's all part of the "charm". Use the food and exercise diaries and connect with some good people, take in what makes sense for you and ignore the rest.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have only been on here a couple of days and I am already thinking of leaving. I have seen many opinions and comments...are we not hear to support each other and help where we can. if someone wants to achieve a certain goal it is not our biz to grill them or make them feel bad ...peoples image can be a very touchy subject..and I dont think its our right to destroy someone elses hopes or aspirations.I believe we should only ask why in a private conversation or tactfully...if we think they may be doing something that is bad for their health. Some of the comments I have read are not on and very *****y or derogatory...lighten up people if you dont have experiance with something dont flippin comment this aint FB!!! help not hinder!!!

Agreed and even if someone is incorrect they don't need to be put down.
  • NewAngel35
    Options
    I suppose the stuff i was talking about happening to other people has now been directed at me...oh well at least they leave someone else alone for a bit..
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It is a drag. But use the tools for how they can help you and ignore the rest.
  • tdcibilly
    Options
    if you give up they win stick at it get to your goal stay there you win.
    add me if you like i am support and need support
  • riotshows
    Options
    My head must be in the clouds. I have no noticed any nasty comments. Sometimes people can be a little forceful in their opinion
    of how someone else is doing...but have not noticed anything blatent.
  • LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i just saw a troll answering on another topic, hes gone for now xx
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    oh yeh opinions are one thing being a prick is another

A while back I made a post about wanting to be an Olympian and get into Olympic sports and loads of people ripped into me and said I was an idiot for having those sort of dreams/aspirations. There was no need for the level of mockery I got - it was just the downright rudeness and bullying nature of some people on this website.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you're wanting a positive internet experience, this isn't the best idea? Get ready, people are about to eat you alive:), oh I said that with a smiley face, to keep things positive!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I have felt the same way but lately I'm not getting so much hate on my posts. I had to learn to word things differently. There are certain things that "feed the haters" so to speak, so I try to avoid that as much a possible. This thread by the way will attract them like flies.
This discussion has been closed.