I need you opinion on Dresses!!

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The pink or black. The middle one, even though it's not white, still looks like a bridal gown in photos.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I would say the black one with bright shoes and matching bright accessories!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    The pink one i think would be most appropriate for a wedding! Black is depressing white or off white isnt appropriate usually so the pink one i think would be my choice.

^^
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I own all of three dresses so it will not be an extra expense. I was thinking the gold tone one was maybe a bit too close to white but I like it so much that I thought I would ask.
    We are staying in a hotel and going back there before the reception so it would not be a big deal to have the pink one for the ceremony and the black one for the reception. I love dressing up so that would not be a problem at all!

I will be wearing pearls with the pink / gold and a topaz necklace with matching earrings and bracelet with the black one.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in all the dresses.

However, I have to agree with whoever said the pink one is a little too 'old style' for you. I'd rule that out. I love the gold one, very classic, but I'd go for the black one. Maybe wear it with a colourful clutch and jacket. Forget about a shall. Have a great day whatever you choose x
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i love #2 and #3

I would accessorise the black dress with different heels - maybe gold or silver and glammed up earrings, bracelets etc.

but really girl, you are going to rock anything you wear!

I have silver heels. Didn't think of them until you mentioned it.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Love that black one. Pink for afternoon wedding, black for evening.

NEVER cream or white to a wedding unless you're the bride! LOL!
  • Abaiz
    Abaiz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Now that I've seen the black, my vote remains for black 100%. Looks great.
  • nikkolec
    Options
    In the afternoon, the pink. In the evening, the black.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The black is more of an evening dress. I'd wear something like that to a play or special restaurant. You'll most likely not really wear the shawl if you're dancing which means you definitely need some bright shiny jewelry and would want something other than black shoes. Also, if you want some nice pictures taken of you and your hubby (guessing they are wearing traditional black), you're going to blend and not stand out.

I'd go the pink route. You don't need a lot of jewelry and it's bright and cheerful and you'll like a nice contrast against your hubby. It's young (less funeral like) and I think it actually accentuates your curves nicely. It's probably easier to match up with any type of shoe (would take a pair of flats - I've had several weddings where shoes started to cause horrible blisters so you want a back up soft pair that will easily go with the dress). I suspect there will be dancing so that pink dress will make it easier for your hubby to find you if you send him off to get you a drink. Besides, it's darn right sexy.

Pink! Pick the pink!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Go with the pink for an afternoon or outdoor wedding, go with the black for an evening or more formal wedding. Don't wear white or off-white to a wedding!!
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    you look great in all of them personally I would wear the pink one for the wedding
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I think the black is most appropriate with the shawl. The pink is cute but too summery and the gold one might be too attention grabbing.
  • suckerlove
    Options
    Pink
  • NoFatChick2
    Options
    Love the Pink. Don't wear white or cream whatever you do. That belongs to the bride. You look fabulous in all 3, btw.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    if its evening, then black is totally apprpriate. if not then the pink!!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Pink. :smile:
  • ajohn252
    Options
    I like the black one, looks formal
    but not in any way stuffy or over done.
  • salem9348
    Options
    the pink one! the material on the gold one shows every single line and curve. wouldn't suggest black to a wedding. The pink one is pretty, fits you nicely, and can be dressed up or down for the occasion.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Pink for the ceremony, black for the reception, go somewhere fancy with your man another time for the gold (in the context of someone else's wedding, it's just too bridalish, even full on gold and not white.) Ditch the shawl though, make yourself sparkle instead. And you are gorgeous!