Starting 30 day shred on Monday

Options
Hi guys,

Im starting the 30 day shred on Monday! Is there Anyone keen to join me :-)?
Add me with a message if you are!

Replies

• BunniPage
    BunniPage Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds scarey, but I'll give it a go!
    My c-section was 11 weeks ago, and I just did the Stott Pilates core challenge for the first time since before I found out I was pregnant (which means I haven't done any abs for nearly 12 months). It didn't kill me, but it nearly did! I'm going to be sore tomorrow! I might have to go swimming and do some yoga tomorrow to get myself prepared for Monday :)
  • anna473
    anna473 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! Brand new to the site and loving it. I'm nervous but totally in on the Shred.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ooo that sounds interesting! I might google that ab workout! I had a c section 6 weeks ago! :/
    Awesome Anna! Can't wait! Thanks fir the add girls!
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Me..gonna try anyhow as I hear it is massively hard! I also age to watch out for my back..will see..
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    Yeah it will be hard, but totally worth it! Go onto the forums & search for the 30 day shred there is a huge thread on the 30 day shred with people's before & afters. They all look fantastic, with a significant change to their bodies! So girls don't forget to take photos & your measurements :o)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I just started today. The full video's are on youtube. If i can do them anyone can. I have very low energy levels and disabilities. Give it a try. Just look up the video's on youtube. Jullian Michaels 30 day shred and they have all 3 levels full videos on there.
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    How did you go Mommyv45? I have already brought the DVD, as it's easier to just chuck that in than to get on Google etc with a new bub :-)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just watched it on YT and I don't think I can make it through the entire video - I usually cramp up after 15 minutes and out of breath too.
  • kellymcwest
    kellymcwest Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon this thread and decided to do this. I went to youtube and did it. OMG! Here are some thoughts.

I can't do a a full jumping jack without my DD breasts hitting me in the head, and it hurting. Until I get a good sports bra I have to modify.

I can barely do a modified pushup. I did my best but couldn't keep up at their pace.

I get really dizzy and nauseau through the sit ups.

I have to modify the jumping rope part, it's more a skip than a jump.

I can't get my legs out during the stretching cool down.

All I can do is my best. I modified where I could and am sweating up a storm. I had no hand weights and used soup cans.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I had my 5th c-section on May 25th. I started the 30 day shred on August 25th. I'm due to finish this next Saturday. I can attest that it has kicked my *kitten*.

I am on level 3 now and I cannot do the sit ups yet, but I'm doing crunches until I can. I can do the planks and I love them. I can really feel my abs.

I started out doing the single jump rope and now I can do the double without stopping. I can also do the butt kicks instead of the modified.

It definitely has done wonders on my waist and hips :) Trying to figure out what I'm going to do next...
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't have any problem with the level one. I looked at level 3 and don't know about those planks. I have a bad wrist and pushups even modified are hard for me. Other than that I can do the full routine start to finish without a break. Just push through it. Don't make excuses for yourself. Heck I have MS and I can do it. At least the first level that is. I hope that by the 11th day when I'm ready for the level 2 video I'll be able to do that entire one. I just can not stand JM. I don' t know if its the fact that she looks so rough or so manly, or her voice? I turn the volume off and just follow along with my music going.
  • kellymcwest
    kellymcwest Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had my 5th c-section on May 25th. I started the 30 day shred on August 25th. I'm due to finish this next Saturday. I can attest that it has kicked my *kitten*.

I am on level 3 now and I cannot do the sit ups yet, but I'm doing crunches until I can. I can do the planks and I love them. I can really feel my abs.

I started out doing the single jump rope and now I can do the double without stopping. I can also do the butt kicks instead of the modified.

It definitely has done wonders on my waist and hips :) Trying to figure out what I'm going to do next...

I saw your before and after pictures and you look great. I figure something is better than nothing. Those gals on the video are in better shape than me. It will get easy with time and effort.
  • justineeb94
    Options
    I am starting the 30 day shred on monday as well im only 18 years old so i need to get into shape im too young to just let myself go. im looking to just lose my belly and tone the booty after 3 years i cant blame it on the baby weight!! i dont have anything to measure inches around my body but i will provide the sizes im using now.

CW: 159.1 lbs
    size pants: 11-13
    (hate the way they fit though because of my stomach)
    Shirts: large
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I came here looking for a shred support group so this will be perfect! Monday will be day 1 for me as well. I will take measurements in the morning. Should we post a thread each week for our "support group"? I'm not sure how this sort of thing works.
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    I am in!

Good luck to all & stick with it!
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    Ohh Yay, more people :o)

justineeb94 - you''ll get there hun, it's just about sticking with it & having alot of determination. Do things that will motivate you, prepare meals, put up photos of celebrities etc?

I started the Shred on Sunday (Western Australian time) as I was having a SUPER fat day looking through my dresses for something to wear to my friends 21st in a month. It is SOOO hard after having a baby omg lol. I couldnt do the full butt kicks, just did the modified, as well as the pushups :-/ really shows me how weak you are after having a bub.

Good luck to those of you starting today ! I'll be doing my "Day 2" once my partners finished work & can look after bub. Feel free to add me those of you who havent!
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. I started it about 3 weeks ago but on day 2 I did some serious damage to my back from not having enough padding under it on the floor I think, and I struggled to even walk around the house for a week, then we went on holiday for another week. I started last year as well but fell pregnant 10 days in so stopped as I thought it was a bit much. Micro baby is now 6 months old (born 3 months premature at 1lb 15oz) and I have another 6 months to get in shape before I go back to my desk monkey job (Edit: That's her in my ticker, she's my inspiration to loose the weight to bring my blood pressure down as she came so early due to pre-eclampsia)
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just stopped at 7 mins :( Cardio i can do, but can't do jumping jacks due to a previous thigh muscle thing..so just ran on the spot, and then press ups..even with the baby ones..on all 4's I had to stop due to back pain.

will try again later in the day..maybe I am just going to have to start by working up 1 minute at a time....
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    I'll join you. I started it about 3 weeks ago but on day 2 I did some serious damage to my back from not having enough padding under it on the floor I think, and I struggled to even walk around the house for a week, then we went on holiday for another week. I started last year as well but fell pregnant 10 days in so stopped as I thought it was a bit much. Micro baby is now 6 months old (born 3 months premature at 1lb 15oz) and I have another 6 months to get in shape before I go back to my desk monkey job (Edit: That's her in my ticker, she's my inspiration to loose the weight to bring my blood pressure down as she came so early due to pre-eclampsia)

I was the same! Fell pregnant last year & stopped! However my baby was the opposite! 9.10! Huge! Congratulations on your little miracle baby! That's wonderful.

Farburnfred; don't give in, you have to do it all at once otherwise it won't have the same affect on your body! Just come up with your own modified versions of each exercise! I've changed the ab workouts to Caesar safe ones!
  • pepsi666
    Options
    I'm well up for doing this, but forgive me if this is a dumb question - I've looked around but can't find details (are there any?) about what I need to do for the 30 days with regard to food/exercise?

I don't have access to a gym but have a huge elliptical machine - does that matter?!
    Sorry and thanks in advance for your help!