Insanity Workout Program

Options
Hello all, I am on day 3 of the insanity workout and want to know if their is anyone else out there doing it for some support. I cannot afford to buy the results and recovery formula or the shakeology formula. Are their any good substitutes that taste good out there that are not expensive? Also after each workout I feel dizzy, light headed, and nauseous, any solutions for that?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    For me that feeling is usually low blood sugar. I drink chocolate milk for recovery.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on round 3 week 3 day 3 of the Insanity program. I am all about support and talking or ranting :bigsmile: about the workouts.

I also have not purchased the results and recovery formula or the shakeology formula which I will soon just because I keep hearing so many good things about it even though its pricey :grumble: I know there is nothing compared to it but you could just drink chocolate milk after each workout because I have been told it is the same as a protein drink (hope I am not confused on this). I felt dizzy, light headed and nauseous some time ago and everyone told me to eat more since I was burning so much so you may need an additional 200-300 calories due to the high burn that Insanity gives you :wink:

Congrats on taking on this program! :flowerforyou:
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I have done all the beachbody stuff, and the obviously push the shakeology, and such, after all, it is a MLM company now! but honestly, go to GNC and get the Whey Protein and that will more than d the trick, and tastes great, is much less expensive! you will be glad you did!
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I have done all the beachbody stuff, and the obviously push the shakeology, and such, after all, it is a MLM company now! but honestly, go to GNC and get the Whey Protein and that will more than d the trick, and tastes great, is much less expensive! you will be glad you did!
  • NaNa777
    NaNa777 Posts: 7
    Options
    i am i luv it on mnth 2 kp going u will b impressed slimmed me out.gd luk let me kno how u like it
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have used ABB Blue Thunder recovery drink and it is yummy! I also use Muscle milk light vanilla creme, it is lighter and lower in calorie and carb.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i'm doin the insanity program as well!

for a recovery drink i drink chocolate milk (ovaltine 2 be exact) it has the abt the same nutrients as the rest of the recovery drinks out there.

i also drink a protein shake within an hr after working out. i use vanilla soy but i have vanilla almond milk as well as fruits in it.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I agree with mansour4285 about the GNC whey mix. It is a better bang for the buck. I do 2 scoops, 10 oz of non fat milk, plain yogurt (8oz), 5 oz of berries and a small banana. About 600 cals, so it can act as a meal replacement. Other then that, drink a lot more water, it may help with the dizziness.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    For recovery, those who are drinking chocolate milk are on the money. You simply need something with a 4 or 3:1 carb to protein ration. A protein drink is not a recovery drink.

That said, I did my first round of Insanity in January and February and haven't revisited it yet. The horror of floor switch kids (month #2) is still too imbedded in my memory!! LOL

Crush that play button!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    edited because I somehow posted it twice!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a good all natural chocolate whey protein, try Natural Factors whey...I get it online at www.vitacost.com .
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Insanity as well, but I mix it up with P90X and some outdoor activities so I'm not doing the full regimen. What a workout though! I can't stop sweating for about 1/2 hour after I stop. I love it!

As for your dizziness and nausea, you're probably going a bit too hard, or haven't eaten enough throughout the day. And you're well hydrated?
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey…. I have 1 week and 3 days left of Insanity and I’ve never considered the results, recovery formula or the Shakeology formula. I use Bsn - Syntha-6 (Vanilla) with (a pouch) Yoplait Triple Berry Smoothie - Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries & Frozen Yogurt Pieces (with 1.5 cups of water). This is my protein shake I drink after every workout... I’m concern about you feeling dizzy, light headed, and nauseous. of course, you should not feel any of that... . Are you eating enough calories? With Insanity, your body needs at least 2200 per day.. I eat 1800 calories on the days I do not workout and 1800 calories and my workout calories on the days I workout..
  • NaNa777
    Options
    I feel diizy afterwards also i think ur body has to get use to all this pounding on ur body make sure to stay hydrated
  • NaNa777
    Options
    I AM DOING IT ON MONTH 2 READY TO REPEAT IT AFTER DONE I LUV IT MY ENDURANCE HAS REALLY INCREASED DIG DEEEEEEPER LOL!!!!!!
  • tandrea
    tandrea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the input. I will increase my calories and get some chocolate milk. I will be checking back in to talk, vent, or whatever about this workout lol
  • trimtrim
    trimtrim Posts: 11
    Options
    i could do with the support too. I've just started it and thought i was going to pass out yesterday with heart failure, but i dont intend to give up.
  • trimtrim
    trimtrim Posts: 11
    Options
    I think thats it I did not eat enough calories. I am gluten, soya and lactose intolerant so my diet is very restricted. I need a solution because i cant get dizzy like that evrytime.
  • ecoshopaholic
    ecoshopaholic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week of Insanity! I've been drinking 12 oz. chocolate milk about 15 minutes after each workout, and it seems to work well for me. There are a few studies supporting it as a good recovery option. However, I have to wait a few minutes after cooling down before the idea of it becomes palatable. To keep the calories and sugar down, I stick with skim milk and sugar free chocolate syrup. That way I get the natural milk sugars, but not high fructose corn syrup. I'll probably check out the health food store for a natural sugar free or low sugar syrup rather than one with artificial sweeteners. I haven't had any problems feeling dizzy after the workouts. I just get jello legs! If you're feeling dizzy, you may be pushing too hard or not eating enough as some other people have said. Sean T. does recommend plain old water as a recovery drink.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    To the chocolate milk drinkers, how much to you drink? 500 ml? a litre?