New To Fitnesspal

Options
Hi All,

Thanks to a friend at work I have started my journey to lose 16 pounds. I know this site will help me to stay on track with the calerie counting. Now I will just need to find the time to fit in some excercising. Can't wait, so far I love this site, and have told 4 other people about it.

I hope to learn a lot from all of you, Have a great Hump Day, Sherri

Replies

• derrysue
    Options
    Good luck, remember it's not just weight loss, it's life-gain!!:wink:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Welcome & good luck!:smile:
  • caroldavis
    Options
    your right this is a great site, have fun with it!
  • desutton3
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm a relative newbie too, but I can already see the difference in the way I think about food. Sometimes it's no more than "I'm not going to eat that bowl of ice cream because I don't want to log it in" :). What I choose to snack on is healthier as well. (right now I'm munching on dried blueberries, instead of my usual pack of dark chocolate M&Ms)

Don't try to 'find time' to exercise at the start. Do little things all day long. Take the stairs, park in the furthest space and walk into the office or the store, if you have a sedentary job, stand up at the desk for 10 minutes each hour, or my favorite, roughhouse with the kids for 15 minutes. If you don't have any, you can borrow mine - they wear me out! Before too long you will feel the urge to move, and the time to exercise will find you.

Edit: I just saw on you profile that you have a 2-year old. Looks like a bit of roughhousing is in your exercise future :)
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    I'm new, too!!! As of yesterday! Good luck with your fitness/health goals!!
  • bekarutt
    bekarutt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    welcome!! good luck! we are all here to support each other!!!