Sunday Dinner...

Options
What are you having? I never cut back or skimp on Sunday dinner since it's the only time during the week my husband and I can prepare dinner together and sit down as a family with our toddler. This meal is usually our heaviest all week long. Tonight is Bangers and Mash, brown gravy with onions, fresh string beans, and garlic bread. What is on your table tonight?

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My daughter came over for the first time in weeks. She and her brothers had fish fingers (!) with roast potatoes and onions, carrots, peas, broccoli, cabbage and stuffing balls. I collected windfall apples and blackberries from the field when I walked the dog, so made a pie, which they had with custard and ice cream. I went with the veggies and had the fruit warmed on my total zero greek yogurt. All very tasty and fresh. Good time with family. I love Sundays.:happy:
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My daughter came over for the first time in weeks. She and her brothers had fish fingers (!) with roast potatoes and onions, carrots, peas, broccoli, cabbage and stuffing balls. I collected windfall apples and blackberries from the field when I walked the dog, so made a pie, which they had with custard and ice cream. I went with the veggies and had the fruit warmed on my total zero greek yogurt. All very tasty and fresh. Good time with family. I love Sundays.:happy:

Wow that meal sounds amazing! What are stuffing balls? Was your yogurt frozen or fresh?
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I had an individual vegetable pie, mashed potatoes, loads of veggies and veggie gravy, real comfort food.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    tonight is Baked Salmon with green beans in olive oil and pesto
  • KatrinaGrace1
    KatrinaGrace1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having a Trader Joe's Butter Chicken with Basmati Rice frozen meal. I work tonight and was in a rush this morning so I had to grab something that was quick!
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sunday dinner is usually at my Mom & Dad's,so I tend to make better choices.....today was venison,beef and green beans(I do low carb.)......we don't usually have a dessert available....my Dad is a diabetic.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    We had porchetta, (roast pork loin with italian seasoning) cavatappi pasta with a fresh tomato and mushroom sauce. The sauce was a little more watery than I had hoped but the tomato juices with the pasta was fantastic!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    We had baked ham, baby red potatoes and steamed mixed veggies and chocolate milk. B/f had applesauce but I dont eat it anymore because of the carbs.
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    We had cauliflower and brocolli cheese,needed something quick and tasty. Usually do something like roast chicken on Sundays but did not have time today.:smile:
  • rustybago
    Options
    I grilled some salmon and made a spinach salad with balsamic vinagrette, thin slivers of cheddar, pine nuts, and grilled peaches.
  • BelievePersevereInspire
    Options
    2 slices of bacon, zucchini hashbrowns fried in said bacon grease...strawberries for dessert.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made a pork roast with baby carrots and red potatos in the crockpot. Served it with whole wheat dinner rolls.
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm having takeout. Vegetable pad thai. Yummy! Oh and a spring roll.