Advice needed from you guys

Options

Replies

• chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This seems like a silly question... I can't even take this seriously...
    Obviously guys don't care about girly crap...

Do you honestly think that guys like you for youtubing make up videos?
    Or would they rather a girl they could have fun with playing videogames with?

Yes. Just, yes. ^^

I love COD and I also am very girly....maybe you're looking in the wrong place for dudes.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    COD: TDM ladies? :p
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Chick + Gamer = EPIC WIN.

You're good to go, just don't play so much that you ignore your health/fitness.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I can relate, and heck, we sound a lot alike.
    I'm 20, going to be 21 in less than two weeks, and have never had a bf. Never really even been on a date....
    I also love gaming.... Left 4 Dead is AWESOME, btw. I'm not into the girly-girl things as much either... at least not compared to most of the fellow females at my college..... I'm not a partier.... I don't drink....
    There's got to be someone out there for us, eh?
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    This thread is producing some great lady gamers for us dude nerds :p
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jayson: don't think you can keep up :flowerforyou:
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options

I'm inclined to agree! Awesome gamer chick overload!!
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself. I play video games too. Wow is my fav computer game and my hubby loves it! Most guys love a girl that plays games anyways lol And dont just hook up bc when u do find the right guy, you will regret it.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Be yourself. Getting drunk and hooking up is not the answer and also REALLY unsafe.

As someone your age who is extremely girly I can tell you this: being girly does NOT get you more dates. So don't pretend to be something you are not. If anything being girly is a disadvantage. I have barely anything to talk about with guys since I know nothing about sports or video games. Luckily, I can rely on my Family Guy knowledge and my ability to quote Will Ferrell movies. :smokin:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Seriously? You are wondering if a cute 19-year-old girl who likes computer games will have a hard time finding a boyfriend? I don't think you will have a problem. Yeah, the social awkward stuff and all that - everyone has that at 19. Most people have that until they're 80+, but it eases up in intensity as you get older. Don't settle.

I promise you, there are guys that will like you for you. Being a gamer is far from a turn-off. That will be a big turn-on for many guys. I don't think you need to limit yourself to gamers, either - though that might a be good way to find people who share interest. Unless gaming takes up ALL your time, you don't have to find someone with the exact same interests. Just be honest about yourself and what you like. You don't have to wait around to talk to guys. You can talk to them. Don't settle.

The likelihood of finding your soul mate now is pretty slim. That's not meant to be depressing, just realistic. You don't need to meet the love of your life right now. Just go meet some guys. You might have to date a few to really see what characteristics you like most. Be honest and respectful (to yourself and your dates). Don't settle.

[Edit] Also, get better friends.
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    just be you and it will work out. You are super cute and you play video games come on you will find someone. I would have loved to have a girl play diablo 3 with me and i know i am not the only one so one day you are going to find the right guy.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i'm a chick and i don't game. i just wanted to ask what do you want? if you want to go out and get rooted all over the place, do it. some people think it's empty, others think it's fun. if you want hearts and flowers, you're going to have to meet people to find someone to give you that.
    i can't tell you when someone's going to show up for you, but do you want to wait for them or have some fun until you find them? (and no, i don't mean go out and get rooted. i just mean be sociable.)
    FWIW, my hubby games. always has. i just don't get it. but that's his thing. shared interests are cool, but it doesn't have to be that 1 thing that you share.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    at your age. you should just keep it to yourself and go hook up. Watch more you tube makeup videos. Perhaps what is missing in your life is not man who likes video games but a social media outlet. Try taking pictures more often with your iphone and post it to face book. Better yet, start a fashion blog, or one about cooking.
    I'm general, make sure your makeup looks great and you can make a sandwich. That is pretty much a sure fire way to land a guy. Put down skyrim, guys don't want there chicks hogging the computer for 20 hours a day, you got babies to be making.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm general, make sure your makeup looks great and you can make a sandwich. That is pretty much a sure fire way to land a guy. Put down skyrim, guys don't want there chicks hogging the computer for 20 hours a day, you got babies to be making.

Good gandhi, I hope you're being sarcastic or are trying some really lame attempt at humor.
  • rdyne1
    Options
    at your age. you should just keep it to yourself and go hook up. Watch more you tube makeup videos. Perhaps what is missing in your life is not man who likes video games but a social media outlet. Try taking pictures more often with your iphone and post it to face book. Better yet, start a fashion blog, or one about cooking.

You forgot that I.should instagram all my meals to fill up my Newsfeed along with other useless prattle.
    Oh and can't forget the Twitter.
    #yoloswag
  • rdyne1
    Options

Good gandhi, I hope you're being sarcastic or are trying some really lame attempt at humor.

I laughed :p.I can appreciate a good troll.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options

I'm inclined to agree! Awesome gamer chick overload!!

Haha... gamer chicks rule!! =]
  • rdyne1
    Options
    Seriously? You are wondering if a cute 19-year-old girl who likes computer games will have a hard time finding a boyfriend? I don't think you will have a problem. Yeah, the social awkward stuff and all that - everyone has that at 19. Most people have that until they're 80+, but it eases up in intensity as you get older. Don't settle.

I promise you, there are guys that will like you for you. Being a gamer is far from a turn-off. That will be a big turn-on for many guys. I don't think you need to limit yourself to gamers, either - though that might a be good way to find people who share interest. Unless gaming takes up ALL your time, you don't have to find someone with the exact same interests. Just be honest about yourself and what you like. You don't have to wait around to talk to guys. You can talk to them. Don't settle.

The likelihood of finding your soul mate now is pretty slim. That's not meant to be depressing, just realistic. You don't need to meet the love of your life right now. Just go meet some guys. You might have to date a few to really see what characteristics you like most. Be honest and respectful (to yourself and your dates). Don't settle.

[Edit] Also, get better friends.

I'm just not used to admitting to doing this stuff, I love my friends but they are really judgmental.
    And I feel so awkward around guys just for the pure fact that I'm so used to being who I think they want, not who I am :/
  • rdyne1
    Options
    i'm a chick and i don't game. i just wanted to ask what do you want? if you want to go out and get rooted all over the place, do it. some people think it's empty, others think it's fun. if you want hearts and flowers, you're going to have to meet people to find someone to give you that.
    i can't tell you when someone's going to show up for you, but do you want to wait for them or have some fun until you find them? (and no, i don't mean go out and get rooted. i just mean be sociable.)
    FWIW, my hubby games. always has. i just don't get it. but that's his thing. shared interests are cool, but it doesn't have to be that 1 thing that you share.

What is it that drew you guys together in the first place? If you don't mind my asking that is
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's not a turn off to like all those things! Be yourself :) I love all those things too and never thought i'd find a guy who was into a geeky girl but now we are getting married :P There are plenty of ways to meet like-minded people :)