No Booze for 1 week

Options
5 lbs down ...

Awesome!!!!

going for 60 days alcohol free! I'll let you know the deets!

Replies

• mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well done, and good luck with the 60 days!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you will like the results and give that stuff up. I used to drink (AT LEAST) a 12 pack of beer a week, and I had the disgusting beer gut to prove it. I saw some pretty drastic changes after a couple of weeks of not drinking...so much so, that I have never even had a craving for a beer or drink since.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    5 lbs down ...

Awesome!!!!

going for 60 days alcohol free! I'll let you know the deets!

good progress. I'd expect a fair portion of that to be water weight changes unless you REALLY drink a lot normally.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking daily to cutting it out for a month entirely when I started losing weight..........and, man, did the weight come off!! I think people radically underestimate how bad alcohol is for weight loss.
  • laragrziella
    laragrziella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the same and it helped jump start a good chunk of weight loss! I think it's not only the calories but the way you rationalize eating more crap when you start drinking or making bad food choices. Before you know it, they make a evil combo of calories :) Well done you! Good luck!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You have my support!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I tried for 1 week booze free... I only last 3 days :( stupid spring & industry! I will try again though!
  • gotfatincollege89
    Options
    Being alcohol free feels really good... I think the last time I had any alcohol was my friend's bday which was August 1. I feel so much better and my weekend mornings can actually be used for something productive now... lol
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I had been good about alcohol but I like to drink. I F'd up last night and had 3 sugar free jello shots that almost amounted to 300 calories...LAME! lol...
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's great! You have my support. I find the more committed I am to fitness the less tolerance I have for drinking. I don't like it as much or the eating that can come with it and I hate not being own for a workout!! Stay strong!
  • CentralCaliCycling
    Options
    I am not a nut about it but I don't drink and never have (just felt it wasn't for me) - I suspect that during those times I was not exercising the lack of alcohol is one of the main reasons I did not gain that much weight, especially since I have always enjoyed eating.
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    I just ended my booze break after 8 weeks and 6 days. Along with the other changes I made to my diet and increasing cardio I've been able to break a long standing plateau and started losing again. Yesterday I allowed myself to drink a bit too much and today I'm paying for it! I'm jumping right back on the wagon. You can do 60 days! Good luck with your journey.
  • mrose811
    mrose811 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All the best!

I used to drink far too much too be honest, but over the last 2.5 years I've vastly cut down on the booze, and I decided to completely give up 6 weeks ago. At the start it was hard, but I barley miss it now, and the pounds fell off!
  • CarlaC78
    Options
    I only have a bottle of wine roughly every 3 months :O I homebrew and like to wait till I have some really nice additive free wine rather than the nonsense you get at the supermarket. I had my last bottle on saturday night after a huge fight with flat pack cabin beds and chilled out with the husband and a bottle. However because I rarely do drink it totally knocks me off my feet and get squiffy very fast ><
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot. I love red wine., Love it. Seriously, it tastes so good. I don't drink to get drunk, I drink because red wine is truly the drink of the gods.

Anyway, I've just done a week no alcohol. And I'm gunning for another week. And then after that I might do another week. Let's see what happens. This time around I'm not putting the pressure of huge targets on my back that when I break them break me mentally to the point where I give up - I'm saying ok, let's see how today goes, anyone can do this for just one day - in the hope that all those days add up to a whole new healthier life.