my success

Options
I have been heavy i think since i was 8 seriously.:angry: My mom is a great cook and she encouraged us to eat. I was pregnant with my son at 17 and 19 with my daughter. After that life of course got very crazy. Fast food was easy and convenient. Then i got married at 22 and my husband was an amazing cook so i gained more weight. We were married 9 years and divorced. I gained even more weight. Then i my met my new husband and hes an even better cook. I gained more weight. Last summer i had to buy all new clothes, i had nothing at all that fit. Everything was a 24. Wait it gets worse. Fall and winter came and all the clothes i had from the previous year were very snug. Now im almost 34 and december was here. We went to visit family out of state for christmas, we ate from a buffet for 3 days straight.:embarassed: :embarassed: When we came home i couldnt take it any more. My husband cooks the way he was taught. Everything was fried in bacon grease and it seemed everything also had a stick of butter.:noway: Enough was a enough. December 27 was a changing day in my life. My husband is not allowed to cook (when im home) and he doesnt do any grocery shopping. I found this site, cleaned out everything that wasnt good for us, spent 300 dollars re filling my fridge, bought a treadmill, and a scale. Then i stepped on the scale and was shocked when it said 271. I was wearing a size 28, i was miserable. After several other attemtps at dieting my own way, weight watchers, south beach, they didnt work for me.:explode: Thats when i realized its not about dieting its about a lifestyle change. Weight watchers was nice but i found it very time consuming to convert everything into points and south beach, well i missed bread. I needed balance and something simple:happy: . So it has been 4 full months and i am so much happier. Ive lost 42 pounds and i did it all at home. :wink: Now i have the confidence to work out in public so i joined a gym. I swim (in a suit), bike, elliptical, and treadmill. It feels so good. Im wearing a size 20 pants and an 18-20 shirt. :happy: The shirts are getting a little big. This is my favorite problem to have. Ive plateaued for the las couple weeks but im not giving up. I just want everyone to know it can be done. Even in our darkest moments it can be done. This site has been my life saver. :smile: I have made friends, logged food everyday, and read the community page every day. this site is what keeps me accountable and on track. Thanks to all of you. Sorry i rambled. :blushing: Good luck to all.

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    I have been heavy i think since i was 8 seriously.:angry: My mom is a great cook and she encouraged us to eat. I was pregnant with my son at 17 and 19 with my daughter. After that life of course got very crazy. Fast food was easy and convenient. Then i got married at 22 and my husband was an amazing cook so i gained more weight. We were married 9 years and divorced. I gained even more weight. Then i my met my new husband and hes an even better cook. I gained more weight. Last summer i had to buy all new clothes, i had nothing at all that fit. Everything was a 24. Wait it gets worse. Fall and winter came and all the clothes i had from the previous year were very snug. Now im almost 34 and december was here. We went to visit family out of state for christmas, we ate from a buffet for 3 days straight.:embarassed: :embarassed: When we came home i couldnt take it any more. My husband cooks the way he was taught. Everything was fried in bacon grease and it seemed everything also had a stick of butter.:noway: Enough was a enough. December 27 was a changing day in my life. My husband is not allowed to cook (when im home) and he doesnt do any grocery shopping. I found this site, cleaned out everything that wasnt good for us, spent 300 dollars re filling my fridge, bought a treadmill, and a scale. Then i stepped on the scale and was shocked when it said 271. I was wearing a size 28, i was miserable. After several other attemtps at dieting my own way, weight watchers, south beach, they didnt work for me.:explode: Thats when i realized its not about dieting its about a lifestyle change. Weight watchers was nice but i found it very time consuming to convert everything into points and south beach, well i missed bread. I needed balance and something simple:happy: . So it has been 4 full months and i am so much happier. Ive lost 42 pounds and i did it all at home. :wink: Now i have the confidence to work out in public so i joined a gym. I swim (in a suit), bike, elliptical, and treadmill. It feels so good. Im wearing a size 20 pants and an 18-20 shirt. :happy: The shirts are getting a little big. This is my favorite problem to have. Ive plateaued for the las couple weeks but im not giving up. I just want everyone to know it can be done. Even in our darkest moments it can be done. This site has been my life saver. :smile: I have made friends, logged food everyday, and read the community page every day. this site is what keeps me accountable and on track. Thanks to all of you. Sorry i rambled. :blushing: Good luck to all.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Congratz! That's a great accomplishment. Best of luck continuing on your journey!
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, your story is so inspiring. You are my hero!!!:smooched: Keep it up.

:drinker:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It's wonderful how you've made such a turnaround in your life! :happy:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Thank you for your story. You'll see the progress start again soon I'm sure. You are doing FAB-U-LOUS!
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm am so happy for you! You are an inspiration. Thank you for sharring your success story and keep up the good work.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    You are doing a great job!:smile:
  • curlyq4life
    Options
    What great progress. You are definitely on the right track.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work :drinker:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Your success is amazing, and your story inspiring!
    Keep at it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Maribel
    Maribel Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow, what a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing and for being such an inspiration.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :wink: These are my favorite stories.:drinker:
  • julieannrussell36
    Options
    Way to go. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far. You're very inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!