Yay, I'm finally overweight!

Options
tekne1
tekne1 Posts: 30 Member
Today I finally edged my BMI from the Obese category to the Overweight category. I don't think BMI calculations have a lot of value, but I admit it was still nice to see.

photoBefore-1.jpgafter.jpg

Replies

• HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ROLLERDERBY FTW. this is so awesome.

And may I say you don't look particularly overweight, either..? I'd imagine a decent chunk of your current "excess" is probably muscle.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    A M A Z I N G

Wow.
  • ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    keep up the great work! I cant wait to hit my category goals!! :)
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! While I have the same feelings toward BMI, it's still a great feeling! Keep up the great work!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Congrats!
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So exciting! I remember the first time my friend boasted to me that she was "finally overweight." I was so confused! But now I can't wait for that to happen for me as well. :D Congratulations! You're looking great.
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Today I finally edged my BMI from the Obese category to the Overweight category. I don't think BMI calculations have a lot of value, but I admit it was still nice to see.

LoL Thas is my next benchmark goal!!! Congrats!
  • GottaStartSometime
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to be overweight again too :)
  • MrKLM
    MrKLM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I promoted a Roller Derby bout here in Ohio in June, working with those women was an amazing experience. Good luck on your continued journey.
  • tekne1
    Options
    Thanks! I think I do have a fair bit of muscle - roller derby + a 4'3" five year old son helped with that. However, I also have more than a bit of jiggle! My mini goal this week is to get started on The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women to help build strength and remove said jiggle.
  • Krakenzmama
    Options
    All right! a derby mama!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    That's awesome!! I cant wait for that day comes for me. I just joined my local Roller Derby team and I am so excited. I was a bit nervous because I'm a big girl but they were all for it!=)
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    Such a great accomplishment. Congratulations and keep up the good work!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    YAY for being Over Weight!
  • tekne1
    Options
    There are some *amazing* roller derby players who are bigger gals. I think some of the Windy City Rollers best players are curvy wonder women! I started with a local league but had scheduling conflicts. Since then I've been skating with Derby Lite, a fitness version of roller derby. It has been a blast!
  • lessofE
    lessofE Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
    But omg can I just say your son is ADORABLE!!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i was thinking about that today as well! i can't wait to be overweight! it kills me to be class 1 obese :(
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic: Congratulations!!!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • tekne1
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
    But omg can I just say your son is ADORABLE!!

Thanks! That was taken at the Chicago Pride Parade in 2011, and he was only four. I think we're growing a giant. ;) We'll be eye to eye by next summer! Less than a foot to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!