Yay, I'm finally overweight!

Options

Replies

• cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great. Good job sticking to it. I too am looking forward to the overweight category and onederland. It good to read success stories.
  • Nik0417
    Nik0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • TabathaAnn8
    Options
    Nice!!!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    WHOOT FOR DERBY!!!
    You look incredible! I have a similar body type to your starting weight so I cannot wait to look like you!!
    Would you mind if I picked your brains about fitness drills? Our league is fitness crazy and loves getting our butts handed to us in hard endurance sessions.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job on your loss!
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • karabff
    Options
    You look great
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    amazing and inspirational.....Friend request sent!
  • PandaPants0612
    PandaPants0612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!

I cannot wait for the day where I am "overweight" :)
  • RokkinRobin
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a goal of mine as well... Keep up the good work!
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look great.
    And I love love love the cat-eye glasses :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I just got to overweight today also. Fun stuff right?
  • nicdilor
    Options
    Wow that is so cool, I didn't realize it, but I am too...yay !!!!
  • NoisyVision
    NoisyVision Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    High five ** you're doing great !!
  • banks89202
    Options
    I can't wait to be "overweight"!!! lol You look great !
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Tekne,

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! The title throws things off until you realize where it's coming from. Overweight is definitely a giant leap forward from obese.

Second, this site is "fairly" connected to the whole If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM) system of accurate weight loss/gain. They have several calculators that effectively say the whole BMI thing is a load of crap. They have their own method of calculating body fat percentage that helps in determining several of the macros you're using right here on this site. The "official" site is here: http://www.iifym.com/

Third, you're doing something exceptional for your son by losing weight. You're teaching him healthy habits for a long life. By providing a good, thinner, healthier role model you're increasing his chances at a healthier, longer life. Keep up the good work!
  • jasondcooper
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!
  • tekne1
    tekne1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Tekne,

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! The title throws things off until you realize where it's coming from. Overweight is definitely a giant leap forward from obese.

Second, this site is "fairly" connected to the whole If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM) system of accurate weight loss/gain. They have several calculators that effectively say the whole BMI thing is a load of crap. They have their own method of calculating body fat percentage that helps in determining several of the macros you're using right here on this site. The "official" site is here: http://www.iifym.com/

Third, you're doing something exceptional for your son by losing weight. You're teaching him healthy habits for a long life. By providing a good, thinner, healthier role model you're increasing his chances at a healthier, longer life. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out! I agree that BMI isn't very accurate. I know some very strong, very fit people who are classified as obese per BMI. It is definitely all about body fat percentage, strength, and fitness level plus an understanding of nutrition. Now that I have some of the initial weight off, I feel like I can focus more on the details of a healthy lifestyle.
  • sherbear2678
    sherbear2678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is awesome - congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!