5ft 2 SW 235lbs -75lbs lost

Options
I have already posted photos on another thread but i want to tell you all a little about my journey.

I am 25 years old and have been overweight since about the age of 10. I never really saw it as an issue as I loved to eat. Nothing made me realise what i was doing was bad, even the bullying and taunts off strangers wouldn't help me see my weight issues i was about a size 16/18 when i left school. I moved out of home at 16 and moved into a hostel. I also started smoking a lot of weed so i had the munches all the time. I would eat nothing but rubbish. Bread was my biggest weakness (it goes with anything). I finally stopped smoking the weed when i became pregnant at 18 but i did not change my eating habbits. my weight shot up through my pregnancy. My bmi was dangerously high for pregnancy so i had to do something about it! I moved into my own flat a few months before my daughter was born and I tried my best to stick to a healthy diet. I did quite well and my pregnancy went well and i had a healthy 6lb 6oz baby. I always made sure i cooked healthy food for her.

My own eating habbits returned and over the next 5 years my weight went up and up and in January 2012 at 235lbs i had had enough. I had heard of the Dukan diet via a friend who had done extremely well and who had managed to keep the weight off so i decided to give it a go. In the first 2 weeks i had lost 1 stone. I kept at it and the weight just fell off me- i now weigh 160lbs it has been bloody hard work but bloody worth it! I have 28lbs to go.

My biggest reason for losing weight is because I wanted to be a better mum to my daughter and I couldn't dream of leaving her without a Mum. My own mother has many times told me that i would die if i didn't lose weight (a bit drastic but i know she meant well). Honestly the reason i actually started a diet is because my boyfriend called me fat in a drunken argument. I know how pathetic that sounds but I was in denial, i was a mess and i needed it! He couldn't even remember saying it. i actually only told him the other week. We have been together for only 2 years but in my opinion he saved me by saying what he did. Sometimes it takes the one you love to realise what you have in life and who is more important, all i can do is thank him for it, i have confidence i never had before and i am so happy! Happier than i ever thought possible!

2yzgz2t.jpg

22dkwz.jpg

Replies

• Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Well done hunni. U r looking fantastic. Wheres ur smile in ur new pic?!?! Ur little one will b so proud of u x
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm sorry to hear that the kick-off was a hurtful comment from a loved one, but you certainly took the hurt feelings and turned it into amazing results! You look great, and I'm sure your daughter is already reaping the benefits of having a healthier mom. P.S. I absolutely adore your dress!
  • Claremarie1987
    Claremarie1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well done hunni. U r looking fantastic. Wheres ur smile in ur new pic?!?! Ur little one will b so proud of u x

Thank you chazzatim1. Need a smily picture really :blushing:

Thank you BEABRIA !! :flowerforyou:
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you look incredible :) well done you x
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Awesome job with the weight loss but even more so as you have changed your life so much for your little girl as well!!!!! Congrats !
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look fantastic!
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    wow you look fantastic well done!!
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    You look great lady! :)
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Wow! You look great! You should be proud of this accomplishment! <3
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You have come far and I hope you are proud of it. Keep up the good work. You look lovely. :)
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fab :)
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have already posted photos on another thread but i want to tell you all a little about my journey.

I am 25 years old and have been overweight since about the age of 10. I never really saw it as an issue as I loved to eat. Nothing made me realise what i was doing was bad, even the bullying and taunts off strangers wouldn't help me see my weight issues i was about a size 16/18 when i left school. I moved out of home at 16 and moved into a hostel. I also started smoking a lot of weed so i had the munches all the time. I would eat nothing but rubbish. Bread was my biggest weakness (it goes with anything). I finally stopped smoking the weed when i became pregnant at 18 but i did not change my eating habbits. my weight shot up through my pregnancy. My bmi was dangerously high for pregnancy so i had to do something about it! I moved into my own flat a few months before my daughter was born and I tried my best to stick to a healthy diet. I did quite well and my pregnancy went well and i had a healthy 6lb 6oz baby. I always made sure i cooked healthy food for her.

My own eating habbits returned and over the next 5 years my weight went up and up and in January 2012 at 235lbs i had had enough. I had heard of the Dukan diet via a friend who had done extremely well and who had managed to keep the weight off so i decided to give it a go. In the first 2 weeks i had lost 1 stone. I kept at it and the weight just fell off me- i now weigh 160lbs it has been bloody hard work but bloody worth it! I have 28lbs to go.

My biggest reason for losing weight is because I wanted to be a better mum to my daughter and I couldn't dream of leaving her without a Mum. My own mother has many times told me that i would die if i didn't lose weight (a bit drastic but i know she meant well). Honestly the reason i actually started a diet is because my boyfriend called me fat in a drunken argument. I know how pathetic that sounds but I was in denial, i was a mess and i needed it! He couldn't even remember saying it. i actually only told him the other week. We have been together for only 2 years but in my opinion he saved me by saying what he did. Sometimes it takes the one you love to realise what you have in life and who is more important, all i can do is thank him for it, i have confidence i never had before and i am so happy! Happier than i ever thought possible!

2yzgz2t.jpg

22dkwz.jpg

hah ya you look annoyed in the new pic u silly.. u should have a yipeeee look going!!! lol.. im guilty of that too..
    awesome job!!!! amazing.....right on...
    ive always exercised and i didnt really 'look' my wt (partly denial partly true) cuz more of a shape..
    but im 5'4" and heaviest wt 234 start wt on mfp 231 and cw after 9wks on mfp 213! cant wait to be out of the 200's.. been 5yrs!!!
    goal wt 155
  • Claremarie1987
    Options
    Yes, my miserable face ruins the pic, I was drunk & tired! :drinker:

Thank you all for your lovely comments :wink:
  • fmonty
    Options
    Congrats on all you have accomplished!!! Beautiful!!!
  • Nik0417
    Nik0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, congrats :)
  • Claremarie1987
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • uspp223
    uspp223 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Seems like you've had a lot of self realizations for the best! We all stumble once in a while, it's what we do. You are doing great and look amazing - keep it up! I hope you continue on this great journey towards your goals, and wish you the best of luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!