Locker Room Etiquette

Options
Abaiz
Abaiz Posts: 28 Member
Now, I'm not overly sensitive to nudity, nor am offended by it, but I've noticed a trend in the men's locker rooms in all the gyms I've every been in.

It seems anyone under 40 or so is fairly modest when it comes to being naked. They throw on a towel, or put on some underwear. But the gentlemen older than that will walk all around naked, strike up extended conversations with others, that include lots of gestures and movement...yeah, imagine that for a second...

Now that you're fully grossed out I'll share my most recent run in with a naked elderly man in the locker room. Although short, I thought it was extremely odd. I walked into the locker room, turned a few corners heading towards the bathroom area. I turn the final corner and laying on a bench, completely fast asleep, completely naked, and laying on his back was a 70+ year old man.

Is this an age thing, or should we all aspire to be that comfortable with our bodies?

Replies

• jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My mind is burning and I can't unknow what I now know. Thanks. Just thanks. LOL
  • Invictus195
    Options
    I lost a retina last week at my gym over this same thing!!!!!! o.O Now I just wander aimlessly in circles
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    when I am an old man I am looking forward to making as many people uncomfortable as I can every day.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i don't mind seeing guys walking around naked in the locker room.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    when I am an old man I am looking forward to making as many people uncomfortable as I can every day.

I don't know why, but This is Hysterically funny. I am laughing out loud for real.
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    As an official old-guy, I'll let you in on a secret-- we're just trollin'
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    As an official old-guy, I'll let you in on a secret-- we're just trollin'

AWESOME answer!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Now, I'm not overly sensitive to nudity, nor am offended by it, but I've noticed a trend in the men's locker rooms in all the gyms I've every been in.

It seems anyone under 40 or so is fairly modest when it comes to being naked. They throw on a towel, or put on some underwear. But the gentlemen older than that will walk all around naked, strike up extended conversations with others, that include lots of gestures and movement...yeah, imagine that for a second...

Now that you're fully grossed out I'll share my most recent run in with a naked elderly man in the locker room. Although short, I thought it was extremely odd. I walked into the locker room, turned a few corners heading towards the bathroom area. I turn the final corner and laying on a bench, completely fast asleep, completely naked, and laying on his back was a 70+ year old man.

Is this an age thing, or should we all aspire to be that comfortable with our bodies?

But was he packin? :laugh:
  • Invictus195
    Options
    When is a guy "officially old"? Is that when you have to physically pick your balls up before sitting down so you dont squash 'em?
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Thats one of the few benfits of getting old. W get to make the young people uncomfortable.
    W also get to complain alot.:sad:
    And be bossy
    I can't wait, ( though some ppl would say i've already perfected the complaining part):drinker:
  • Abaiz
    Abaiz Posts: 28 Member
    Options

But was he packin? :laugh:

No, not unless he's a grower...
  • isabellekitty
    isabellekitty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is exactly why I still bring my 4 foot tall six year old son into the women's locker room. Yuck.
  • 72elkiedude
    72elkiedude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    c'mon...really!

I'll let you in on another secret, over 50 don't give a crap anymore.
  • crazyontrt
    Options
    OMG! Amazing!! I would have probably peed a little from laughing so hard!!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    In my experience women are not like that. While we do change openly in the locker room, we certainly don't walk around naked for any length of time (that I've seen) and I'm really thankful for that.

But it's like they say about nude beaches...it's always the ones you DON'T want to see that bare all, not the ones that have the bodies you want to see.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    u are hilarious! I just look the other way...
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell ya but I am one of those people(though I am a woman). I have never been one for modesty and love going to nude beaches.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Haha - when I was 18 and first joined a gym, there was an elderly man who would sit naked in the sauna and steam room every morning! This was a mixed sauna and steam room, but until I came along, it was apparently only used by men in the morning. The other men were all so embarrassed on my behalf and apologised profusely for this old man - but I had no idea what they were talking about as I don't wear my glasses in the sauna and steam room, and am blind as a bat without them! So I never actually saw his dangly bits, and couldn't even tell he was naked - he was just a blur!

I'm actually quite comfortable with nakedness. I've been in countries where everyone showered naked in one big shower room, and where everyone sat naked in a big steam room called a banya. So I may well be considered annoying as I don't make an effort to hide behind a towel when changing. But then people don't have to look at me. I don't look at people while they're changing.
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    As we age we get more mature and with maturity comes the ability to see a naked body and not act like a giggly school girl ;)