15kgs and not much difference?

Options
Heeeeey,

So I've lost nearly 15kgs (33lb)...I've been taking photos in my undies every few weeks and CAN'T SEE A DIFFERENCE!! I can feel a difference in certain clothes but thought that with that much weight lost that photos would show me looking better. But they don't seem to be. WAAAAAH!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Noone else?
  • SlimSlow15
    SlimSlow15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs in the past and wasn't able to notice a difference. I had also taken pictures. It's a combination of factors from the percentage of your weight that you lost, your height, and your natural body fat distribution.

I also think that people tend to focus on their stomachs and don't take into consideration that they're losing fat everywhere, and that losing 15kgs is great, but only 2 kgs of that may be from your stomach. Just keep at it and you'll eventually be able to see the difference. If clothes are fitting differently and you're losing weight, you're doing something right :)
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    It could come down to the sort of angle you are taking? If you are taking front on photos and comparing them, then you may not see that your stomach isn't as flat as it is now.

I'm sure I'd be able to spot a difference! :) but yeah I think it's something in our minds. I feel that I have not really changed recently but the scales keep me motivated. Speaking of which... I need to get a new battery because my scales are dead!

I do feel clothes being a little looser which is good though :) so even though I am spotting nothing in the mirror, the looser clothes are indicating to me that it's all in my head!
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I take front and side photos. I dont know. I guess I look different to how I feel. Sometimes I look in the mirror and feel that I look great...then I see photos and think GROOOOOSS!!! I felt so good! Kinda mind f*cks ya