Friend Anyone???

Options
Hello everyone! I signed up on this site around November of 2009 I think but have just really started using it in the last 2 weeks again and I want to stick to it everyday!!! I only have 2 friends on here and I'm looking for more. I love to give encouragement to others and of course it's also nice to get some as well. I'm 25 years old and live in Michigan. Anyone who would like to join up and friend me would be great!

I am working towards my first 5K on March 13, 2010 so I"m really getting into running. I'm at a steady 2.5 miles every time now, just gotta tack on that extra .6 miles :) Plus I do a bootcamp class at teh gym 3 days a week and also hit the gym for running or elliptical work at least 4 days a week on my lunch hour.

I'm interested in getting to know other people and helping other reach their fitness goals with me!!!
Thanks and have a Blessed day!

Replies

• BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am so glad you are here! You have some great goals and you can achieve them:smile:
    ~BobbieJo
  • kellys524
    kellys524 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat (the new but trying to make friends here and find support)

Great job on the 5K training!!
  • 3greatgifts
    3greatgifts Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommy:

I just joined this site yesterday. I too live in MI. Been scanning around to see what all this site has to offer. So far, I'm impressed. I'll be your friend. :smile:
  • pandollu
    Options
    Hello there!
    I am also training for a 5k, but I do not have a fixed date yet. I live in Maine, but I am visiting my family in Italy at the moment. I train for my (imaginary) race at the gym on the tapis roulant, and with strenght training. I got a 8 week training plan from runnersworld.com and I love it.
    I have been using myfitnesspal very closely for a few weeks now, but in the last few days have hit a wall, actually worse, I have been gaining a few pounds... what makes me mad is that I am always well within the calorie count, and the site keeps telling me that if I continue like this I will be losing all sorts of weight in a few weeks, while I have been gaining it!
    I have put some thought into this, and am looking for some feedback.
    I wonder if there is some relationship between weight fluctuation and the monthly cycle? I am starting to creat my own theory in this regard and was curious about other women's experience.
    Anyway, any feedback is appreciated and keep up the good training!
    Luci