Re-starting tomorrow (for the last time!)

Options
Hi everyone. I am here because I need some support and motivation. I have struggled with my weight for my whole life and last year I reached the lowest weight of my adult life, but hit a major plateau and no matter how much I exercised (I did spin, a boot camp, etc) and how well I followed Weight Watchers, I couldn't lose any more. I guess I got frustrated...and here I am 20lbs heavier. Now I'm a month away from my 29th birthday and I vow that before I turn 30, I will love how I look, will feel great and will be really healthy! I am joining LA Fitness tomorrow so I can get back into spin and the group classes. My issue is secret eating. In front of people, I am pretty healthy, but when I'm alone, I allow way too many cheats. I just have to remember that I've been thinner and I can get back there...and when I lose the 20lbs, I'll revisit how I can work differently to reach that final goal.

Sorry for blabbing!

-Steph

Replies

• crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you can and will reach your goals. One thing to check if hitting a plateau is to make sure you are getting enough calories and not hitting starvation mode. It's happened to me sev eral times in my journey
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    We're all capable of more than we think .... mind over matter ... push yourself, and you might be surprised what you find ...... (and clear the junkfood, etc out of your house/desk/car ....... and replace them with healthier snacks :drinker: )

Happy losing !
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    I am the same way when it comes to eating alone!! I'm restarting this whole weight loss journey myself so please feel free to add me as a friend! I'm a daily logger and my diary is open.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Log everything, everything, everything into the food tracker. Before trying to change what you eat, strive to log everything you eat. That will be a HUGE eye opener.
  • donnahembree
    donnahembree Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I saw (on pinterest) a saying that says if you are tired of starting over - - don't quit. Every time I have thought about quitting I remind myself that I don't want to start over.
    I have only been going for 20ish days, but so far I haven't quit. I have only lost 4 lbs., but I think that if i quit I will just have to lose that 4 lbs again. So that is more motivation to keep it going.
    Good luck!!!
  • ivan1964
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • tega723
    Options
    Good luck! I do know how frustrating weight loss can be. I start over every other day! I just had baby number 6 , six months ago. I am struggling on a daily to get the energy and will power to lose this18 lbs. You can do this!
  • de2brown
    Options
    wow! we are twins haha! i have always struggled with my weight, and lost weight and put it back on a lot. I joined a gym two months ago and have lost about 8kg so far. i am also terrible about eating in secret, ill have a really healthy day and then late at night go eat some chips or chocolate or something. trying very hard to fix my diet, but still struggle a lot! feel free to add me if u want extra support
  • nhowe87
    nhowe87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at eating alone as well. Telling myself that this is the last time that I'm going to start over, because the weight needs to finally be gone for good!
  • Stephyotis
    Stephyotis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the encouragement!!! Its nice to know that I'm not alone in this. I'm definitely clearing out the junk food and going to track every little thing! I think my biggest challenge will be that I'm so busy. I work as a HR admin in the mornings, as a cashier at Wegmans in the evenings and weekends (huge temptations there!) and am a full time grad student. Yikes! But I will will will make time to work out.

I'm just getting used to this whole thing, so I will add friends when I figure out how! Haha, have a great day everyone!

:)
  • big_bald_si
    Options
    Good luck and well done for getting back on track!

Do feel free to add me if you want to give each other motivation to succeed! (goes to anyone else reading this too!).
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I hope you reach your birthday goal! You will have such an amazing night if you do :)