Getting serious!!! (and scared...)

Options
Hi there! Signing on tonight looking for motivation and follow-through. I embarked on my "get healthy" journey back in February. My first step was to join Orange Theory FItness. I was scared to tears my first night there, but now it has become a part of my life. I never realized I was capable of working out so hard! 22 lbs. lost so far (I signed up on here a few weeks into my journey), but I still have a ways to go. I'm signing up for Orange's weight loss challenge and this requires me to do 4 workouts a week and bring my food logs to class for my trainer to review...this scares the beejeebies out of me! This is a commitment not just to myself, but to divulge my eating habits to someone else, for the first time ever in my life...way scary. Any words of support and encouragement are appreciated! Does anyone else carry so much shame around their diets?

Replies

• Mrs_Chops
    Mrs_Chops Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Lots of motivation and support on here. You're not alone! Feel free to add lets support each other
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!

My advice is to be honest in your logging - and log everything you eat. Your body is recording all those calories so you should too, so your trainer can see the reality and truly help you. Measure and weigh your food if you can so you're logging accurately portions and look for the items with the most confirmations in the database - they tend to have more accurate and complete nutritional information than some of the user submitted items.

ETA: YES! I carry shame still about some of my eating habits. But the accountability to ourselves is key to getting a handle on the habits that put the weight on and that will keep the weight off!
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!

My advice is to be honest in your logging - and log everything you eat. Your body is recording all those calories so you should too, so your trainer can see the reality and truly help you. Measure and weigh your food if you can so you're logging accurately portions and look for the items with the most confirmations in the database - they tend to have more accurate and complete nutritional information than some of the user submitted items.

ETA: YES! I carry shame still about some of my eating habits. But the accountability to ourselves is key to getting a handle on the habits that put the weight on and that will keep the weight off!

This, exactly!