working to lose weight...

Options
Hi everyone! I just need an opinion about something. So I recently started working at chick fil a and with the new job I'm having a hard time finding time to exercise. I work four days out of the week (every Saturday) and when I come home I'm too exhausted to do anything but sleep. On days I don't work I athletic train for football (we give water and treat injuries for those who don't know). Both working and training require a lot of time on my feet, walking, and transporting heavy things for extended periods of time. All of this combined with school and homework makes for a full 6 days and Sundays being my only real "day off" which becomes my catch up day. With all of this can I go without exercise as long as I keep my calories in check (I log everyday) training will only last until December so then I will be able to workout 2 - 3 days a week at least. Is this enough? What are some suggestions on balancing this busy lifestyle and losing weight? Thanks!

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just recently started a job where I work 5 days a week after my my classes at school. I'm a full-time college student and am getting close to having the same problem that you are currently dealing with. I start school in a week. What I've heard of some people doing is working out in the mornings, that way you're not too burnt out to do it after work or school. People have told me they even feel more energized for the day. Or possibly some at-home yoga DVDs.
  • wclassy
    wclassy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Your a busy woman, and I see how it would be hard. I work a couple of jobs all at home and I still have a hard time finding time to make time to exercise. So, on my busy days...I trying to do 15 min increments, and on my slower days do at least 30 minutes. I can find a billion reasons to put it off (obviously I was successful, cause now im overweight, and I actually like to work out ( low impact) its just getting myself motivated.
  • brunette824
    brunette824 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I might try the work out in the morning thing, I will just have to find some sort of motivation to get me out of bed! I like my sleep lol
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Make sure your lifestyle is set to "active" and exercise when you have the time and energy. Aim for at least 1 workout a week and go up from there.

Exercise DVD's and Couch to 5k (C25K) are great options for people who don't have time for long gym workouts.

Good luck!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    I would try and incorporate some cardio on Sundays to get some exercise in. Even when I'm working long hours, it's amazing how you feel after just a walk in the fresh air. I find that once I'm outside or at the gym, I end up doing a bit more exercise...since I'm there :) exercise helps with the stress of the week as well. Good luck!
  • brunette824
    brunette824 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a few excercise Dvds that I might start doing once or twice a week... ive been wanting to do C25K but I have no one to run with me and there are some people in my town that are kind of sketch so we'll have to see with that! Haha
  • adietron
    Options
    50% of your weight loss comes from commitment to your program, and the other 50% comes from execution. Whether it's setting your alarm early, or bringing your workout clothes to change into immediately after work, make the commitment. Be consistent. If you keep showing up, the inches WILL come off.

Check out the Couch25K running program... running 3 miles (about 30 mins) is an excellent way to get a quick 300-ish calories burned for the day. Good luck!
  • shinjite
    Options
    You can do stretching or gentle yoga. It might not feel like exercise but it does the job and really tones you up and increase flexibility.