Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting over...again.

I've had a couple of MFP accounts but I've had an awful habit since my weight gain of giving up far too easily, and then my pride tells me that if I just don't update MFP then it's okay and nobody knows I've given up.

...confusing, right? Not at all correct, more just laziness.

So recently I found out one of the reasons for my weight gain. Since I've been on the Depot Injection I've ballooned from a size 8-10 to a very bloated size 14-16. It happened in such a short time and with such little change in my diet that my doctor has finally come to the conclusion that we'll be changing that particular method and trying something new.

However it has made me far more aware that my diet, whether I was gaining weight or not, was awful and though I loved exercising my eating habits made me so lethargic that I never did any. Just because I stayed thin before my injection doesn't mean my body was healthy.

SO I'm trying to get from 172 pounds (when I last weighed myself) to 133 pounds. I've joined the gym and am getting into the habit of going regularly. My PT is having a weigh-in with me on my final induction session tomorrow so I'll know my starting weight for definite.

It's not just about weight loss now, it's about looking after my body and making sure I'm healthy and toned aswell as thin.

Replies

• SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Welcome (back). I've been in the same place-- no one on here will know if I'm not keeping up right? Good luck with your new gym and you last training session- I'm here for you!
  • Feel free to add me. I am in a similar boat. We can support each other!
  • Feel free to add me, I've been trying to loose 14 pounds for absolutely ages, and I am fatter now than the last time I tried.
    Currently my weight just isnt moving, usually I loose a pound or two in the first day, but, nothing. Hopefully tomorrow will
    show results
  • Hi, I just joined for the first time on this site, but have tried to lose weight on and off for years. I have renewed hope this time. I'm going to do my best to follow my goals set for me each week. It's hard though when you have to start over every time. My coworkers are all thin so I don't really have anyone to share with. Hope this will work out.
  • woolienaz
    woolienaz Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Woolie... and I am lazy and eat out of boredom. I am 41 pounds overweight!

I work a 40-60 hour work week and I cannot leave nmy offce to get other food, so when I am at work I do ok... cuz I can only eat what I bring...unless of course someone else brings something to "share" then I am screwed. THen I try to keep my portions correct but that doesnt always work either.

I live and work in the desert, so most of the time it is either too f**in hot to excercise OR it is too cold, or I dont feel like it, or the wind is blowing and the sun is shinging... I HATE mindless excercise - But I know I gotta do it. I don't go to the gym because there is only one small gym here and I dont want to be excercising with the people I supervise... as you can see I have a ton of excuses why I dont excercise...

I have never been heavy - until about 7 years ago - My last remaining parent died - my kids starting moving out - I have little or no contact with my siblings and most of my friends are as busy as I am so there is not alot of contact there... I am lonely and I eat from boredom...

So the I am gonna start this again... I am gonna try to do a walking/resistance training program here in my home at least 5 days a week while I am home on vacation, then 3 days a week when I go back to work -

I tried this site a couple of years ago and slowly just stopped do it - I want to do this and I want to loose one pound this week... and every week for the next 41 weeks.

Please feel free to add me - we all need help and encouragement sometimes..

ttys, W javascript:add_smiley('happy','post_body')