Insanity Vs Ps90

Hello, Is any of the above better than the other? I want to start one up but I don't know which one. I am male, 183cm tall and 113.8kg. I want to have a toned muscular physique, I am 38 years old. At the moment I walk a lot, do push ups and squats and a bit of weight training. I was just wondering if one is better than the other or if anyone simply has a favourite for any reason.

Replies

• Sorry, that should be P90X.
  • Anyone?
  • I'm thinking P90X will help with the initial shred and help with bulking. Insanity is good for agility. It helps build muscle too, but I find P90X is better with overall fitness and weightless. I know people who have lost weight with both obviously because if you follow both they will get you results. I personally like P90X because it gives a direct punch to weightloss and then when your 90 days are up and you wanna build more muscle, I would definitely say go the Insanity route. Good luck!
  • Hello,

two completely different workouts, you can't compare them;
    -p90x is useful to build up musculare tone which of course helps to lower your body fat percentage, not focused on weight loss;
    -insanity is more indicated to lose weight and it's more focused on belly fat working more on the abs than in anything else.
    If you are not extremely active (meaning you work out hard every day since at least a couple of months) i would suggest you to start with p90x, finish the 3 months having built a good amount of muscle and then insanity to lose the fat and trim your body shape

overall, two great programs if you can stick with them and follow closely your diet that must be high on proteins and fibers with p90x and carbs with insanity
  • Thanks guys. I will start with P90X then and after I've finished that I will go Insanity.
  • cml4232
    cml4232 Posts: 4 Member
    Having tried both, I preferred the Insanity workouts. It was challenging and I didn't need additional tools. I didn't like that about P90X.