I felt the weight loss but....

Options
I was looking through some pictures that i had posted on facebook and I found the one I took of myself after I lost my first 20 pounds and was 2 weeks smoke free. That was march 1st. Since then I have lost an additional 30 pounds and went from a starting weight of 307 to 257 and still cigarette free. The picture on facebook made me stop and look at myself in the mirror - I am wearing the same shirt as I was that day and even though I have felt the weight loss, I never really SAW it on myself. I would look in the mirror and see the 307 pound me that wanted to sit and eat chips while watching TV. When I looked in the mirror tonight, I saw the shirt baggier and drenched with sweat from the 30 day shred and only going to get sweatier as I do my kettle bells and clean a little bit. I tried to put my pictures on here showing the differences but I dont know how. If you would like to see, feel free to go to my profile. I just wanted to share this - its a big moment for me. :) Thank you for being supportive and I wish you all the best in your life changing journeys. Have a wonderful week!!

Replies

• renjars
    renjars Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thats Awesome!!!:smile:
  • melry77
    melry77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    wow yes you can definitely see a big change!! Keep up the great work!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for sharing ...... that really is a big difference ..... and you look much younger too !

BTW, cute dogs !

Continued success :drinker:
  • starrlette
    Options
    Yup, you are definitely getting smaller, your face is looking much thinner to! Way to go!
  • grandmamakathy
    Options
    That is great!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congrats.
    Yeah, everytime i step on the scale and if the number has gone down.... I just don't really think much about it. I still feel the same as I did 20 lbs ago. But every so often I'll have to stop when walking by a mirror to have a few minutes of a vanity, surprised that I actually look like I've lost weight and how I actually feel good about myself.
  • momie0205
    Options
    I can see the difference in your pictures. :smile:
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both the weight loss and the smoke free! Best wishes for your continued journey toward all your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • TabathaAnn8
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Glad you were able to see the real you!
  • carriecawley
    Options
    That is just super awesome Darcy! Keep up the great work! You are an inspiration to me!
  • jaisaansmommy
    Options
    Greattttt!
  • Darcyw4
    Options
    thanks everybody! :love:
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! That shirts too big for you now :P Well done :) Feels good hey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!