NSV - need new clothes

Options
I've officially shrunk out of pretty well ALL of my clothes, including the ones that were too small for me at the beginning of my journey. I am in desperate need of a shopping trip, but find myself struggling to buy clothes as I'm not at the end of my loss and I've had a hard time finding clothes I like for a long time.

But even still, it's exciting to need to buy smaller clothes than I've needed in years.

Replies

• osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    good for you!! That is SUCH a wonderful feeling! I dont' know where you usually shop, but try a store that is less expensive than where you usually go, get a few staple pieces and wear those till you are at goal and can shop where you want to shop for your forever clothes:)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I got over the trauma of buying at Goodwill (a thrift store). I bought a bunch of urban wear from the Sean John and Roc A Wear brands that is in damn fine shape. The younger people at work laughed at me because they said it was stuff that was in style 10 years ago, but I don't care...It fits, it looks ok to me. Shorts and jeans were something like seven bucks, and shirts like $6...how can you beat it for clothes that will be too big in a few months?
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have a lot of success at Goodwill stores as I have really long legs so finding pants is difficult for me.

I don't buy expensive clothes normally so going to Goodwill is about the only way to go cheaper, but I do agree that I need a few staple items. I am heading to one of the Premium Outlet Malls in a month so hopefully by then I'll be closer to my goal and can do some real shopping, but I might have to go find a few key items before that.
  • jeleda913
    Options
    It's a dilema - but a wonderful one! Congrats, and way to go! Keep us posted, as these positive updates help keep the rest of us motivated, too! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!