Chicken and Corn Soup

Options
nortx
nortx Posts: 130
Other than Chicken Soup, my next favourite soup is Chicken and Corn Soup. Any soup that makes you immediately close your eyes and say, Mmmmm..... in my opinion makes for a great recipe.

I keep chicken tenders on hand in the freezer packed in 4 ounce bags. They come in handy when you need to boil some chicken for sandwiches or soups. Feel free to use low sodium chicken broth and cream style corn. Adjust your seasonings as you desire.

This golden soup is creamy, delicious and has just a hint of heat without any addition of gluten or dairy. Yay!!

Try it... you'll like it!

ccs3.jpg

Please visit my MFP blog for lots of other recipes: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nortx

Chicken and Corn Soup - Makes 5 cups

Ingredients:

- 30 ounces of chicken broth (use your own homemade or, cubes or from the can. I use 2 cans of Swanson)
- 1 14 ounce can of cream style corn
- 3 to 4 ounces cooked, shredded chicken
- salt to taste (you may not need any added salt if you use canned broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten

Optional garnishes: a few drops of sesame oil, chopped scallions

Preparation:

1. In a medium pot, combine broth, corn and cooked, shredded chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add pepper and salt (if using). Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and water with a whisk and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, separate egg white and slightly beat it.
4. Bring soup back to a boil. When soup is boiling, quickly whisk cornstarch and water again and pour into soup. Continue to boil while stirring constantly until well blended and soup has thickened.
5. Remove from heat and slowly drizzle slightly beaten egg white into the soup while constantly stirring in a figure 8 pattern with chopsticks, skewers or fork. Egg will become like thin threads. Break up any large clumps if they develop.
6. Add chopped scallion to garnish and serve hot. You may also add 1 or 2 drops of sesame oil to each bowl if desired.

Nutrition: Per Cup
Calories - 90
Suguar - 5
Sodium - 956
Carbs - 13
Fat - 1

Enjoy!:flowerforyou:

Replies