BMR, TDEE and Net again..

Options
Hey guys,

so this is the last time I'm asking this, but I need somebody to clarify this for me. So I was calculating my TDEE and I have couple question.

1) If I work out every day and burn around 700 calories(50 min Zumba(HI), 30-45 yoga(HI), jogging/running 3-4 miles) what is my activity level?
2) According to Fat 2 Fit Radio my BMR is around 1470. And here where I get confused with activity level and number.
3) What do I do with that number in order to lose weight? Subtract 500? And then, is that my NET?

So mainly my question what my net is supposed to be if I log in workouts too?

Thank you to everyone who will help me out.

P.S.: I don't have that much to lose though, only around 5-10 lbs.

Replies

• brodi3man
    brodi3man Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1) TDEE or Total Daily Energy Expenditure.
    This is the amount of calories you burn all day.
    From before you wake up in the morning and pee to the time you lay your head down at night to sleep and into the night.

Knowing TDEE allows you to understand that anything above TDEE is a surplus and you will "eventually" gain weight.
    Anything at TDEE you maintain weight.
    Anything below TDEE you lose weight to an extent. (see BMR)

2) BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate or RMR Resting Metabolic Rate.
    If you were in a coma and in the hospital, the doctors would feed you your BMR in calories.
    This ensures you have enough nutrients for vital organs to function.

SOURCE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • mollyfassbender
    Options
    1) TDEE or Total Daily Energy Expenditure.
    This is the amount of calories you burn all day.
    From before you wake up in the morning and pee to the time you lay your head down at night to sleep and into the night.

Knowing TDEE allows you to understand that anything above TDEE is a surplus and you will "eventually" gain weight.
    Anything at TDEE you maintain weight.
    Anything below TDEE you lose weight to an extent. (see BMR)

2) BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate or RMR Resting Metabolic Rate.
    If you were in a coma and in the hospital, the doctors would feed you your BMR in calories.
    This ensures you have enough nutrients for vital organs to function.

SOURCE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I've read that. Still can't get if this number of calories supposed to be my net :\
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    On the fat2fit site, the page where you got your BMR is where you also find your TDEE - the number next to your activity level in the little box chart near the bottom of the page.

Example with my numbers - my BMR is 1368 - I don't want to NET below this number. In the box below, I choose my activity level - I choose very active and the calories listed next to that are 2377 - my TDEE.

So I could eat between 1368 and 2377 calories a day and lose weight. There are more steps you can follow in the Road Map thread, such as subtracting a percentage from the TDEE number to create the deficit you're aiming for, but the important thing is to nail down those two numbers for your BMR & TDEE.

Does that help? :tongue:
  • mollyfassbender
    Options
    On the fat2fit site, the page where you got your BMR is where you also find your TDEE - the number next to your activity level in the little box chart near the bottom of the page.

Example with my numbers - my BMR is 1368 - I don't want to NET below this number. In the box below, I choose my activity level - I choose very active and the calories listed next to that are 2377 - my TDEE.

So I could eat between 1368 and 2377 calories a day and lose weight. There are more steps you can follow in the Road Map thread, such as subtracting a percentage from the TDEE number to create the deficit you're aiming for, but the important thing is to nail down those two numbers for your BMR & TDEE.

Does that help? :tongue:

Awww thank you sooo much! <3
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bumping.