on day 12 and not lost anything ;-(

Options
i'm 5foot 7 and weigh 157 pounds at the start weighed in at tesco today and it says 170 pounds WTF i have been sticking to my diet like glue and doing some real work outs on my mountain bike 5 miles a day and yesterday it was 12 miles!!! i burnt 475 calories !!!!! what is going on i actually now feel like giving up!!!! the only thing is my daughter has sadi i have a flatter belly and my hubby is calling me a skinny mini so visually it seems to be working but on the scales it ain't ADVICE PLEASE

Replies

• bobod75
    Options
    Keep going Abbybee! It will start to come off :)
  • amcmullan
    amcmullan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, just keep going, you dont sound like you are that much overweight so you probably are toning up and building muscle. Try measuring yourself instead of using the scale....the scale can be deceiving! :)
  • jgagnon1
    jgagnon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I feel the same. I am a little older but I have kept to my calories, increased my exercise for 6 weeks, ran a 5k last week to find my weight the same. Post-menopausal yes but not thing seems to be working.
  • hunneric
    hunneric Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You mention having weighed in at Tesco. Did you use the same scale the first time? If so, was it the same time of day and, since you were in public, were you wearing the same type of clothes?

Using different sets of scales can make a big difference (as can damage or a repair to a public scale)

I started off weighing in at my gym after workouts and then found some batteries for my home scales. The home scales weigh me six pounds heavier in my underwear than the ones in the gym do with my kit and trainers on (and I assure you that my sweaty gym kit weighs plenty).

Anyway, if you had to choose between the reassurance that your daughter and husband have provided and the mealy mouthed verdict of the scales - well, that's not a hard choice, is it?
  • Chunk2206
    Options
    I know that a lot of people say it but...muscle weighs more than fat. It could be that instead of loosing weight your converting that nasty fat that we all have into lovely toned muscle.

I went through a stage of nearly three weeks where I lost nothing and I finally got the tape measure out and found I had lost 9.5 inches in total from various body parts like bingo wings and tree trunk legs. Take some measurements and see how you go.

I've also found that I get better weight loss results eating my exercise calories which I know some people don't do.

Don't give up!!! You'll start to see the numbers fall as well but sometimes it just takes a little bit of time.

Good luck!!
  • EGill85
    Options
    Also... sometimes we burn inches first! I just started, but I feel great without seeing results yet. Keep up the good work, and you will be happy in no time!
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    i'm 5foot 7 and weigh 157 pounds at the start weighed in at tesco today and it says 170 pounds WTF i have been sticking to my diet like glue and doing some real work outs on my mountain bike 5 miles a day and yesterday it was 12 miles!!! i burnt 475 calories !!!!! what is going on i actually now feel like giving up!!!! the only thing is my daughter has sadi i have a flatter belly and my hubby is calling me a skinny mini so visually it seems to be working but on the scales it ain't ADVICE PLEASE

One thing I would try is measuring yourself, because the scale is not always the best way to tell. Make sure your measuring in the right areas. Google pictures of where your are supposed to measure. Maybe your losing inches not pounds.
    Good luck & don't give up!!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    if your clothers are fitting looser than you are losing fat.
  • chars2cents
    chars2cents Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling physically better? The scale is only one aspect of your weight loss. Accept the positive statements from your family, temporarily separate from your scale (weigh-in 1/week on same scale) and continue to make healthy eating choices and exercise.

You've got it going onnnnnnnn, keep at it :-)

Happy Monday!

Quick question, how much water are you consuming?
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great compliments and reassurance from your family is all you need! I think if you stop focusing on the numbers on the scale and take pride in that you are living healthier, you will be pleased with all your hard work and efforts. Also, investing in a scale of your own so that you have consistent readings might be a good idea. Just try not to get on it everyday or you will only torture yourself.

I've been trying to lose weight off and on all year but, sadly, have gained a few pounds instead. I also ran a 5K last month but ended up with achilles tendinitis (now wearing a boot) and this brought my activity level to a screeching halt. Although this is very depressing, I always find comfort from my family who are always there to cheer me on and love me unconditionally!!! Keep going!! :flowerforyou:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I know that a lot of people say it but...muscle weighs more than fat. It could be that instead of loosing weight your converting that nasty fat that we all have into lovely toned muscle.

A lot of people say it, and they are wrong. Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat, and you are highly unlikely to build muscle in a calorie deficit.

However, dont give up, Abby keep up the good work and it will pay off. Its a marathon, not a sprint hun.
  • spicygourmet
    Options
    Be encouarged..don't give up u can do it...Anything worth having is worth fighting for...