frustrated

Options
Hi

I'm not happy to share that I was 10 lbs away from my goal weight until I decided to bake cupcakes and ate 10 of them within 24 hours. . Why do I always do this to myself.. I'll be very close to my goal but then sabbotage myself.. Not happy at all w/ myself :(

Replies

• tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I think that at one time or another we have all done this. Hang in there....today is a new day.
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! When you are on track are you restricting yourself too much? That might be why you find yourself going overboard on things like cupcakes. I try and have a treat every day as long as it only takes up less than 100 calories. 10 jelly beans, a handful of chips, a square of dark chocolate. I know it isn't healthy food, but I feel like it keeps me on track so that I don't have a meltdown and eat a whole family sized bag of chips in a day.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. I weigh myself and if I've lost weight I am so pleased but then go out celebrating and have a few glasses of wine which then makes me eat all the next day! And I put on everything that I originally lost and a few extra pounds too!

I've decided to not weigh myself for a month and to try and be as good as I possibly can until then. Its so hard.
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    I love baking! Use a baking app to divide your recipe and make 4 cupcakes instead of 12:) Sometimes a little treat is a good thing keeps you honest lol. So you had yourself a big treat. Whatever get back on track whatever you gained will drop back off in a few days as long as you don't sabotage your whole week your calories should even out
  • gc2951
    Options
    Repent. Shake it off. Start over.
    None of us is perfect. We try and fail. Success isn't just reaching your goal. Success is failing, forgiving yourself and getting up to try again.
    If you really feel the need to "punish" yourself for being "bad," go take a walk for an hour or find someone you can help do gardening and yard work. You'll feel tired but happier.
  • muriahlewis
    Options
    I know how you feel. I used to celebrate my weight goals with food. Now, I try to reward myself with some qualitity me time or something to make me feel good about making good choices (healthy food). I live in a home with 3 kids under 10 and a bipolar spouse, so I know how challenging it is to constantly have temptations (food wise) around. Last time I baked cookies for my kids, I had to hide them in the fridge or cabinet. If I can't see them, I don't think about them. Out of sight - Out of mind! Try that maybe.

Remember today's a NEW day! We all slip sometimes - just dust yourself off and keep going!
    Good luck!
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I've been doing really well, but weekends are the toughest. My in-laws visited this weekend, and my m-i-l brought these amazing peanut butter and chocolate calorie bombs that have totally messed me up. I have 15 pounds to go to reach my goal. They told me that I look great, and I that if I reach my goal I'll be too skinny!! I'm trying to get back on track today, but those calorie bombs are still in my kitchen!! I've already had three this morning....
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have been doing that for 6 months with my first goal weight. I become nervous about maintaining the weight and whether I have the willpower to go to a new goal. Then I eat on purpose so I will never know!!! And I stop feeling anxious. It is has taken 6 months to figure this out.
    Good luck. Also, one
    big bunch of cupcakes, is not the end... get back to better eating today.
  • Lvelez30
    Options
    Thank you Everyone for your advice. Your responses warmed my heart.
    yesterday I was feeling depressed but I picked myself up and walked 13 miles, hopefully it made up for the cupcake setback.

Thank you again.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Just don't go to the other extreme and restrict yourself all day today because of it.

Forgive yourself and go back to healthy eating. Otherwise you are putting emotions into the cupcakes that are fueling a binge-starve cycle.