Food Loop slump?

Options
Anyone else experience being in what I am calling a "food loop slump"? What I mean is - I have been on MFP since April and it has really helped me transform my fitness. I am down about 38 pounds and I am eating the best I probably ever have. But for the past 2-3 weeks I feel like I am in a "food loop slump".

What I mean is - I find that I am eating the same stuff over and over and I fee like I have hit sort of a wall on adding variety and introducing new items to my diet. The foods I continue to eat are healthy and I enjoy them, but I almost feel like in the same way my body gets accustomed to my exercise routine and I need to shake it up every 3-4 weeks to make more progress, I almost feel the same about diet - as if my body is getting accustomed to the foods it expects to get now and is sort of not "working as optimally" is can to keep m metabolism and energy levels high...

Is this weird and just in my imagination or does anyone else feel like this and if so, how do you break out of it? I also notice the change to Fall is wreaking havoc too - no changes in my regimen, yet I frequently feel more hungry and tired (sort of like a hibernation mode setting in or something). Very frustrating.

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything you said above... I've been finding it hard to get up at my normal time to make it to the gym (4:30am) so I've only been going like 3-4 days a week instead of 6. Bad. I know. But at least I'm not gaining....

But about the food thing, I've been having the same problem... I've been coming on here to get some new recipe ideas a couple times a week and I've actually found some pretty good ones. You can also go to websites like Prevention.com and sign up for their recipes, they send an email daily with good recipe ideas (most of them are pretty healthy, just have to watch the fat and sodium sometimes and adjust the ingredients accordingly). There's tons of good places to get some new recipes on here if you're willing to look around a little
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    I get more hungry this time of year too! One thing that helps me feel more satiated is to start eating more hot foods. It's soup time. I sign up for All Recipes Healthy emails and I love finding Gluten Free, Vegan and high protein recipes to try. I try to find recipes that use similar ingredients so that I don't spend a fortune at the grocery store. If you have time to cook and experiment, then to me it's the most encouraging thing to do when you're totally bored of your diet.
  • georgie181
    Options
    drink 4 cups of green tea four times a day for a week or 2 for a great way to boost metabolism!!!

if your tired though you may need to up your calories a little....
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    When I get in a slump, I browse the recipes on EatingWell.com and Skinnytaste.com for inspiration...plus they always include nutrition info!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions folks! Yeah Fall kinda kicks my butt!