Wii Fit Plus Running

Options
I just got a Wii Fit Plus last night and tried out the basic run. When I put the remote in my pocket, I noticed I really had to watch my pace so I wouldn't outrun the guide-cat. I thought maybe it was bobbing around too much in my pocket, so I tucked it into my waistband thinking it would hold it a bit more tightly. Unfortunately, this made my Mii dart off away and leave my guide in the dust. So then I tried holding the remote in my hand. I really had to pick up my pace, but my Mii looked like she was wading through molasses.

So my question is: Where is the best place to keep the remote? How does it track movement?

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I've found that tucking it under my bra strap helps keep the pace pretty even.

If you decide to keep it in your hand, put your hand on your hip. Your hip will move your hand in pace with your legs instead of the remote bouncing around in your pocket or waistband.

Overall, it's tricky to get it to match up precisely. I spend a lot of time fidgeting with it. Now, I just leave it alone unless it's way off. I figure running in place is good exercise no matter how "off" the little tracker is, but I know it gets frustrating when you're giving it your all and not moving or running at a comfortable pace and out-pacing the guide.
  • Tambookie
    Tambookie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks saltatoria. I will try putting it under my bra strap tonight.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new Wii Fit PLus!

I haven't used the running program at all but I have a lot of fun (and get a decent workout) on the Obstacle Course and the Sep programs.

Now you've got me interested in the Running!

217947_10151196129370200_1515872027_n.jpg