Just having a blah sort of night!

Options
I don't know what it is, I have been feeling so awesome lately on my diet until tonight. I think the school work is finally starting to pile up a month in and I have a new volunteer training meeting at a hospital on Saturday that I'm super nervous about, and I'm just starting to feel really stressed and freaking out about everything. I've had my bouts with minor depression, and I always kind of get this way when school starts back up and I move back to my empty apartment. I don't have much of a social life, and I think when I start feeling stressed and bummed out I get a little more upset about it. This isn't necessarily diet-related, except that it really makes me want to binge on those bad foods! Tonight I was craving a grilled cheese like crazy, it's my definite go-to comfort food. I'm not entirely sure why I am posting this topic as I don't really know what kind of advice to expect, but sometimes it's nice to just get the feelings all out and I figure MFP is not just here to celebrate my successes as I do well on my diet, but to offer support also when I'm not feeling so awesome.

Replies

• Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I don't really have anything very encouraging to say, but it's totally normal and ok to feel like this. Over the past few years I've gotten a lot better at recognizing the feeling and taking the time to really sit down and try to identify the primary cause so I can target that. I had a blah sort of week most of last week, and it wasn't until Friday I finally made myself sit down and really think things through, but I felt a LOT better afterwards. Hope things get better for you!
  • Aventuria
    Options
    What about reviewing your diary? Maybe you have a deficit somewhere. Eg iron deficit makes me absolutely tired and blah! Since I have a closer look on that I'm back to good! :wink:

Or maybe it's really just everything coming together. Head up, deep breath! You'll get through those days and afterwards you'll feel awesome again!:flowerforyou:
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Take it out on exercise... OR go ahead and eat the grilled cheese and then go walk for a little bit to burn the cals and relax. :) I totally know how you fee. I am a single mother of two 9 and 3... It's crazy with work, and I go to school, plus getting healthy. It gets overwhelming. My brother who used to work at GNC told me to buy some 5HTP. I am going to WalMart to get it. He said it helped him. It helps you relax and with stress and I've noticed my hair's been falling out lately so I'm definitely getting some of that. I just thought it would help if you get it too. :) I'm here if you need to talk.
  • DannyB4
    DannyB4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No advice here...just a reminder of how good you have been doing. A good variety of foods in your diary. From what I have seen so far...always below your calorie count. And, you have been feeling like going to the gym is part of your routine. You have been doing great and to think about slipping a little is not actually doing it. So, continue to celebrate your success and if there is a slip here and there...so what...they make your achievements mean something.