What's your favorite band/singer right now?

Options
m16shane
m16shane Posts: 393 Member
Mine is Mumford and sons. They have been overplayed some but I really love their sound. I'm looking forward to the new album coming out in a couple of weeks. Plus I have a few others I'm digging like the the lumineers, Noah and the whales, and Of Monsters and men.

Replies

• TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Depeche Mode. I'm a huge fan, but really should have moved on from the 80's...maybe I will if the "bands" of today ever come out with anything worth listening to. :) Until then I'm happy in my ignorance. Oh and DM are currently recording another album and will be touring next year.

I actually do like other stuff,(including Jazz, Opera, Trance, Electronic, Classical, Goth, Soft Metal and pop) but my favourite is for sure DM
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    mumford is definitely one of my favorites. i also really like the avett brothers, ryan adams, the decemberists and mason proper, which are kind of similar if you want to check them out!

i have a huge soft spot for country though and i'm digging the new luke bryan stuff a lot :).
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My favorite has been Avenged Sevenfold since 2007. Lately I've been in a Disturbed mood, however. I also like All That Remains, Five Finger Death Punch, Johnny Cash, Def Leppard, Killswitch Engage, Rammstein, Lamb of God, Rise Against, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Van Halen, and Trivium.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    The Weeknd
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've actually just been enjoying silence. I used to listen to music all the time, but now I enjoy the stillness and peacefulness of nothing filling my ears.
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i love loads of singers! listening to goo goo dolls alot at the moment, as well as Daughtry, Boyce Avenue, Jack Johnson, James Morrison, etc :-)
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    :heart: Linkin Park, 3 Days Grace, breaking Benjamin, Distrubed, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Eagles, Jonny Cash, George Strait too many to name-love all music-one of things that make the world go round
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Mumford is good... Lately I been listening to more folk rock stuff. I just found a band called Shovels and Rope that I like a lot. Also, Ben Howard, M Ward, Conor Oberst, Monsters of Folk, My Morning Jacket, Death Cab for Cutie.
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    right now right now:

grizzly bear
    sleigh bells
    kanye
    voxtrot
    purity ring
    the xx
    kanye west
  • kathrynloreili
    Options
    Tyler Ward, Katy Mac, Jake Coco, Jess Moskaluke, Corey Gray, Julia Sheer, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Luke Bryan, & Jason Aldean
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Skillet, Lifehouse
  • brooke_2727
    Options
    So many from many different genres....AC/DC, Crue, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joe Cocker, Foreigner, Maroon 5, Seether, Evanescence, Prince........the list goes on and on.....
  • pluginchambers
    Options
    MUSE
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I have been listening to Florence + The Machine quite a bit lately. I don't like many female singers, but Florence has one of THE most incredible voices I have ever heard.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Rita ora
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Mine is Mumford and sons. They have been overplayed some but I really love their sound. I'm looking forward to the new album coming out in a couple of weeks. Plus I have a few others I'm digging like the the lumineers, Noah and the whales, and Of Monsters and men.

I am so in love with the Lumineers right now. You might also like the Head and the Heart, Radical Face, Blind Pilot and Good Old War.
  • philshjips
    philshjips Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The Beatles, Tame Impala, Thee Oh Sees
    Earl Sweatshirt, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye
    Ty Segall, and this psytrance artist called MoonDoggy

Y'know, the good stuff.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am really digging Grizzly Bear's new album. Seeing them for the 4th time this Saturday in Boston :)
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Voltaire.

and he always will be.
  • LuisZav
    LuisZav Posts: 197
    Options
    At the moment my favorite band is Gaslight Anthem.

If we are talking about all time favorites that would be Face To Face(So Cal punk rock), Bad Religion, Social D, Strung Out, The Descendents, Lagwagon, and No Use For A Name(RIP Tony Sly)