Tone It Up Nutrition Plan

Options
Hi everyone, I am doing the Tone It Up bikini challenge from Karena and Katrina, and i really love these chicks and their workouts. I can only dream that one day i will look as spectacular as them :)
I am wondering if anyone here has purchased their nutrition plan, and what are your opinions on it? I am seriously considering buying it, but at 150.00 i don't want to be disappointed. Most of the reviews from the girls in the Tone it up community are great, and so so so many of them have rockin bods.

Replies

• Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hummm...I just found their web site the other day and have been checking it out. It's pretty sweet. I'd like to know what others think as well.
  • Misstonetti
    Options
    Hi! Its so funny that I saw your post because I actually JUST purchased the plan a few days ago. They provide great recipes & a lot of workouts & motivation. I've been on it for 5 days & I've loved it so far. All of their recipes & "guidelines" are educated & not just thrown together. The $150.00 is quite a bit but if you're like me, having a plan motivates me more than anything. Also, the recipes are too outrageous with incredibly odd ingredients.

Hope this helped!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Also, the recipes are too outrageous with incredibly odd ingredients.

Hope this helped!

We do not have any type of whole foods store or natural food store near where i live, just a regular grocery store. Will i be able to find all of the ingredients that i need?
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    bump
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it?
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    you dont need a $150 nutrition plan to eat healthy. whats it going to say? `eat veggies, eat protein, drink water` there really isnt much too it! i say its a HUGE waste of money. i would say do your own research and ask others. theyre making WAY too much money as is.

you should save the $150 for some new exercise equipment instead. think of how much more useful some new dumbbells, an exercise ball, some resistance bands and a jump rope would be. you could even buy a FITBIT with that kind of money. DONT waste it on a nutrition plan that you can research on your own <3
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    you dont need a $150 nutrition plan to eat healthy. whats it going to say? `eat veggies, eat protein, drink water` there really isnt much too it! i say its a HUGE waste of money. i would say do your own research and ask others. theyre making WAY too much money as is.

you should save the $150 for some new exercise equipment instead. think of how much more useful some new dumbbells, an exercise ball, some resistance bands and a jump rope would be. you could even buy a FITBIT with that kind of money. DONT waste it on a nutrition plan that you can research on your own <3

This
  • MermaidFaith
    Options

This is the argument that i have been having with myself, because i already feel like i have good eating habits, i try to keep it clean and like you said, veggies, water, protein, fiber, So how much could they really tell me that is worth that money.

And i do need some heavier dumbbells
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

This
    I have to agree. Exercise equipment or even workout dvds would be better worth the money. I bought Insanity and Chalean Extreme and they both came with a nutrition plan and they both cost less than $150. Those are just suggestions, but I'm sure you could find a good nutrition plan for free online (or use common sense and some googling to eat healthy) and invest in some sort of exercise equipment and you'll be better off!
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    Options

What's fitbit ? I want !
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    rather than buy the K&K/TIU plan, can you lovely people recomend a website for doing my own nutrition research,? when googling i,e, what to eat after working out, i get so much conflicting information. my main issue is what to eat before and after exercie but dont want to spend $150 really for K&K to tell me
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    rather than buy the K&K/TIU plan, can you lovely people recomend a website for doing my own nutrition research,? when googling i,e, what to eat after working out, i get so much conflicting information. my main issue is what to eat before and after exercie but dont want to spend $150 really for K&K to tell me
    great question
  • healthymission92
    Options
    I was curious too so I googled 'tone it up diet blogs' and some people have blogged about what they eat etc on the plan.
    They mainly reccomend eating lean protein, veg and fiber.
    I think on one blog a day was like
    p.nut butter on wholegrain toast.
    grapefruit with stevia (odd combo i thought?)
    Chicken salad
    greek yog and nuts
    then something lke chicken/fish with veggies.
    Oh and they always had protein shakes after workouts and had 'protein pancakes'

To me it sounded simular to alot of diets, nothing special. Maybe its the structure??
  • healthymission92
    Options
    Forgot to say thye always had 5 small meals and had an emphasis on portion size ( like 1/4 cup of egg whites)
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Once you buy the plan you get unlimited updates. So when you originally purchase it you get a tone of recipes and as they add new recipes you automatically get those as well. I don't regret buying it.
  • megssmith
    Options
    I have the tone it up plan and I love it! If you are looking for something totally revolutionary this is not for you, but it is great if you want to be part of a community with constant motivation and fun updates. The diet plan itself is about eating certain types of foods at certain times of day to help balance out your hormone levels and control your hunger. They have tons of recipes and have made me look at healthy cooking in a whole new way. They also have two different "slim down" plans that you do for either 5 or 7 days that are really effective for de-bloating and loosing a bit of extra weight before a special event. The creators of the plan are sweet and involved in the tone it up community and have always answered any questions I have had right away.
    I got it in the summer and don't regret it at all :)
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am really interested in the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan!!

Does anyone have the REGULAR plan that would be willing to share it for a price??

OR does anyone want to split it with me since you get multiple downloads??
    Let me know!
    My email is dubayar@gmail.com

-Amanda
  • MITTENPOP
    MITTENPOP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also love K&K's workouts, but don't know much about their nutrition plan because I haven't paid for it. I suggest checking out Blogilates. It's similar to TIU in that it's a fitness blog with free videos, but Cassie also uploads meal plans for free. You sometimes have to watch her youtube videos, etc to get secret passwords but I imagine it's similar to the TIU nutrition plan without the cost.
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I spent the $$ and bought the plan... I honestly do not recommend it. It felt very much like a specific diet - eating certain foods and different times of the day, combining foods, 'off limit' foods, only clean foods... it would stress me out more than anything. Plus, they don't mention that you really do need to count your calories if you're serious about weight loss.. I never did that while on 'the plan'. I never ended up losing and gained a little :/ Now, I'm back to watching my calories and eating what i want, when I want... lost 5 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks.
  • ginam87
    ginam87 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would not recommend it either. I just bought the gluten-free version today, and while the recipes are interesting, their "facts" about food are sketchy. I'm a Registered Dietitian myself (I know, don't ask me why I bought it, I have the flu and maybe I was delirious), and I did like some of it, but the stuff about apple cider vinegar, and staying alkaline, etc etc.... total BS).

Anyway, the recipes ARE cool and the tips for timing around workouts is good. Like someone else said, I'm willing to "share" mine too since I get 4 more downloads (or I can just email the PDFs). I would probably pay $20 for them, but I have no idea why I paid $150... I need new running sneakers anyway!

Don't online shop when you're on cold meds. Lesson learned...

But yeah, email me if you would like to help me offset that cost... !