What's your ultimate "light" dinner??

Options
After a weekend of gorging, what is your ultimate 'light" dinner?

Replies

• maddiecab
    maddiecab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After a weekend of gardening and splurging on Hershey choloate minis, it looks like my light dinner will be steamed broccoli, 1/2 naked sweet potato and tomatoe with fresh basil. Might not be "ultimate", but it will work for me tonight.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...if you are running out of calories for the day, an omelette can be a good, low cal dinner!
  • jessica0elle
    Options
    After a weekend of gardening and splurging on Hershey choloate minis, it looks like my light dinner will be steamed broccoli, 1/2 naked sweet potato and tomatoe with fresh basil. Might not be "ultimate", but it will work for me tonight.

That actually sounds awesome!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    not "ultimate", but it'll do - usually an egg white omelette with lots of vegetables on the side.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    To me, a light dinner means a sandwich.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    My new favorite is 2 tbsp of Hummus and a Pita bread It is light and refreshing. I didn't like Hummus but since I am eating healthier I actually like it now. It is also good for dipping in veggies
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    tuna mixed with cheese triangles (laughing cow style) on thinly sliced tomatoes and a pile of rocket.
  • anniebonnie
    anniebonnie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Some instant oatmeal usually:) made with almond milk, stevia/truvia and topped with fresh fruit (usually a banana). My favourite flavours of oatmeal for this are cinnamon and strawberry
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    What's "light"?

If I'm short calories for dinner I always go with fish:) "white" fish fillets (basa, talapia, cod etc..), season them nicely and bake them for about 12 minutes. Add a whole bunch of veggies or a nice spinach salad and be under 300 cal. Shrimp is also really good for low calories + lots of protein.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    corn-on-the-cob and a sliced tomato with a glass of skim milk

It's been my favorite this summer! - and very quick since I do the corn in the microwave.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Pile of chicken breast with veggies.