Overcoming boring 4am cardio

Options
2»

Replies

• berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    Sounds like you are a lifter at heart. :smile: I often find that I can't jump right into cardio first thing in the morning as easily as I can into lifting. (I have to force it) You may need to incorporate a slightly longer warmup that allows your body to wake up and get into 'cardio mode' and then just make sure you have some ROCKIN' music to get you moving!

There's not a chance in HELL you'd find me doing cardio WITHOUT music! LOL
  • berryjk
    Options
    why don't you just sign up for something else or pick a new goal - something else to work towards? I have done this kind of stuff over the course of my journey -- first it was a 6 month kickboxing program with a trainer at my gym.... then it was a 5k..... then a 10k..... plus various other challenges my gym does periodically..... now the whole reason I signed up for a half marathon and now I'm training for that..... Just something to work towards, something to motivate me - well not so much motivate me, I'm a bit addicted to exercise..... but something to keep it interesting! :)

I just got done competing in a gym challenge! it was awesome cause i am super competitive and I too need that "something to work towards"! I would love to do kick boxing which my gym offers along with a ton of other classes but they are only offered during the hours I work which leaves me little options!
  • berryjk
    Options
    also...thank you everyone for your support and advice! I'm thinking monday morning...bring the portable DVD player and pop in a fun comedy to make me laugh and smile! TV does work for me but there is NOTHING on worth watching at 4am! lol however I am a sucker for infomercials! :) i love those app things you guys were talking about, but I don't have an Iphone let alone a smart phone :( that's next on the list of things to buy and learn how to use!
  • CupcakeRunner6780
    Options
    I definitely have a harder time doing my cardio workout in the morning versus in the evening. I actually enjoy it in the morning once I get there, but getting there is half the battle. I can't wait to own a treadmill so I don't have to make the drive to the gym and tote my gym bag full of work clothes and stuff to get ready. I think that is my biggest challenge, having to get ready for work at the gym. I have a morning routine and the gym throws it off. So I like to run in the evening outside with a gal pal. Sometimes I go to the gym and run just to get it over with. Could you do an evening run, just before dinner? I also sleep better at night when I run after work. It wears me out.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I switched to evening workouts.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Skip it for more sleep. We break ourselves down with our workouts. Sleeping is where we build ourselves back up. Just as important. JMHO
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I watch Netflix on my smart phone. I cardio time flies by and sometimes, I keep going to get to the end of the show.
  • Jose2828
    Options
    Try doing cardio circuits with weights using the exercise from your weight class.
  • Jose2828
    Options
    I purchased Insanity and P90X off of Craig List got a really good deal on both.
  • berryjk
    Options
    I definitely have a harder time doing my cardio workout in the morning versus in the evening. I actually enjoy it in the morning once I get there, but getting there is half the battle. I can't wait to own a treadmill so I don't have to make the drive to the gym and tote my gym bag full of work clothes and stuff to get ready. I think that is my biggest challenge, having to get ready for work at the gym. I have a morning routine and the gym throws it off. So I like to run in the evening outside with a gal pal. Sometimes I go to the gym and run just to get it over with. Could you do an evening run, just before dinner? I also sleep better at night when I run after work. It wears me out.

I'd have a gal pal to run with if you'd hurry up and move to Washington already!!! Jeez! :)
  • berryjk
    Options
    Sounds like I have to get a smart phone!!! lol...I've been making it to the gym, but it hasn't gotten anymore fun; however, I'm so tired :yawn: I space out staring at the wall and before I know it cardio is over and it's time for training :happy: