Does your Better Half Support you ?

My husband was at work today and on his way home, he stopped into the fitness store , and calls me! he was being me a new fitness outfit! i was smiling so big! He Support Me In EVERYTHING! but really showing by going out and buying me an outfit! I thought was incredibly sweet!

So Tell Me What Does You Better Have Do To Help Motivate You & keep you upbeat!?

Replies

• LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Honestly, he’s just not that into fitness and I don’t expect him to be.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    I don't have a SO...this journey is all mine and I have no one to credit for it, but me :happy:
  • cbmccurty
    cbmccurty Posts: 1 Member
    That's so awesome about your outfit that your hubby purchased.
    My husband is very supportive as well. He never complains about our meal choices (which I almost always select and review) and he works out with me whenever I ask him. We both have a gym membership but couldn't both afford a personal trainer. he told me that i could have the trainer and he'd workout on his own. I really appreciated that he knew how much having the trainer meant to me. When I took carbs (pasta, bread, rice) out of our diet he gave me no crap about it. Now, he helps me make the grocery list and we do fun diets together (i.e.: no meat one week, raw veggies another, juicing, etc). It allows us to have fun. Lastly i really just love that we're on this health journey together and we are helping one another. My husband used to NEVER eat veggies, now he'll have a salad and eat his veggies first before eating any meal. He has always been in great shape and plays sports daily but he has become more lean and is feeling better as a result of the changes we've made. Having a spouse that encourages you is awesome!
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    I'm going to go with... he's trying. My husband is one of those people who eats as much as he wants whenever he want and he's 6'3" and about 170 pounds. He tells me how proud he is of me, he never complains about the meals I prepare, he comes for long walks with me when in the evenings.
    The only way he isn't supportive: he tends to eat junk food and drink beer in front of me, or suggests we pick up burgers for dinner. I said something to him a few days ago and it seems to be getting better. I guess it's an adjustment for both of us.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Well I'm not married and I don't live with my boyfriend yet, so on one side it's not hard to support me because we aren't sharing everything, BUT when we hang out he is incredibly supportive. We don't go out to eat so much anymore, instead he is helping me learn to cook healthier meals. He encourages me to be active and if I ask him to work out with me he is there in an instant. I have mini goals for myself where I let myself buy a reward when I hit certain accomplishments and he jumped right on board and got the first reward for me. He always has supportive things to say and is very understanding. He's a little pudgy himself but I would say only about 15lbs overweight whereas I have about 121 lbs to lose still. It's a huge help having him understand me.
  • I have to admit to being very lucky with my spouse. He asks me what I can eat and makes my breakfast and dinner for me as he is semi-retired. He is also very supportive of the time I spend at the gym and sometimes joins me for some cardio.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    He supports me in that he gives me time to exercise. He'll take care of the kids, stay home while I run, etc so that I don't have to worry about it. He's also the cook in our family, so he's been adding a LOT more veggies and chicken to our meals instead of red meat and potatoes.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    My husband is a great man and supports me in every part of life we have 5 kids and my mum lives with us and has Alzheimers so life is though on everyone! We support each other he suffers from Ankylosing Sponilitis and his mobility isint the best he isint into working out and its a pity cos it would be good for him! My older kids are into the gym with meand its great because my oldest suffers anxiety problems and next has Aspergers symdrome so the support my husband gives me surpasses the gym but he is well behi whatever I doe a
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    My Hubs is awesome at supporting me. He's always talking me up to family and friends like "isn't she looking great!?" and "do you know she runs in marathons?" (LOL, had to correct him on this one, I've only done 5ks). He's been great about all the tweaking I've done to our dinners - there are a few things he won't budge on but I find a way to get around it so it works out ok. And he's good at getting me off my butt when I need a little push too. I might be feeling lazy and mention going for a walk or a run "later" and he'll say "what are you waiting for, go do it!".

He also calls me his trophy wife. :)
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    100% he is awesome!
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    He didn't run with me or anything before..but he has since even changed his diet to be healthier...and runs with me every night/ every other night...and we hit the gym together too :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Absolutely - and the support goes both ways. :smile:
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Absolutely! Inspired him to lose 50+ pounds!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    my husband doesnt have to worry about losing weight so he can eat whatever he wants, i told him i was finally taking things seriously about losing weight and that i joined MFP and started going to the fitness room at our apartment complex, his first thought was that i was cheating on him, but once he smartened up, he told me "ill need a bigger shot gun" i take that as a compliment. He hasnt complained yet about foods. he has been supportive today as far as my workout goes. we will see how long it lasts though.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    My husband very supportive. Always available for a walk and willing to walk at my pace which is much slower than his.
  • My guy goes running with me. His pace is TONS faster than mine but he slows down and cheers me on. Sometimes he'll run ahead and dance at a certain spot as a way to tell me to push it to that point and then do my walking break.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    He tries his best with everything. When he has to buy something to bring home, he literally spends several minutes reading over nutrition information! He even joined the site to help me in my journey and tries to suggest more active things we could do. We're both helping each other though he doesn't have even 1/4 of as much to lose as me. But he's trying to eat better and be healthier for our future together. It makes me so happy that he tries so hard to support me in this!
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    My bf is my BIGGEST supporter! As I am his as well!

When I first started getting into all this new "lifestyle" he went out and bought me 4 brand new workout outfits, new shoes, and socks! He bought himself a new HRM, and gave me his old one, he introduced me to whey protein powder.

The best part...he took me to the gym and showed me a "few things" to do and my form...etc.

We don't workout together, but we do go to the gym together on the weekends. We eat healthy together and keep each other accountable.

He not only supports me; he motivates me! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Love that man!
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    My hubby joined MFP with me. :) He also wants to lose some weight and when I told him about MFP, as I was about to quit WW, he jumped on board. We work together to make healthier choices and he is open to any of the skinnytaste recipes I want to try. He hasn't always been as supportive in the past, but I think we are both ready to make a change.
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    My husband is very supportive, but it isn't always a good thing. He supports me if I want to workout 3 hours a day and eat a pile of vegies....but he also supports me if I want a heeping bowl of ice cream, a pizza and a nap. The jerk. lol