Problems O_0 @#$%

Options
Well this is my problem...as a large person (very large) I did not take care of myself (skin) now that I am losing weight I am becoming obsessed with my skin (gotta look great when I hit goal weight). The skin on my face is in very rough shape from years of no care....So what I wondered is if anyone could help with some great tips for inexpensive skin care products that work well..I am 46 so a miracle cream would be nice too :D any tips, home remedies, just any help would be great

Thanks so much

Replies

• aquamarine78
    Options
    Nivea is pretty good and its inexpensive. My friend used it and her skin never looked better. I used it and then switched, bad idea. I will be switching back.

Also, I saw this thing on pinterest where you take 2 tbsp of baking soda, add a couple drops of water and make it into a past and massage the past into you skin. leave it there for 30 seconds and then rinse it off. Its supposed to make your pores look smaller. I don't know if this will work but I'm going to try it.

Do you have a lush store near you? they have some pretty good facemasks.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Drink water. LOTS of water :) Proper hydration is free!
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    an oatmeal facial is good..Quaker Oats mixed in a paste with a little bit of a salt scrub after, rinse with warm water..if your face is extremely sensitive, mineral oil, or vitamin E liquid is supposed to help, moisturize every day with a decent quality lotion with sunscreen, just be gentle, and drink good quality drinks, such as herbal tea, water(lots!), and organic vegetable juices.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I use an amazing product on my skin. It's called EMU oil and you can get it online (I get it on amazon). It's not expensive, lasts forever, and you can use it for a ton of things. It WILL reduce the look of fine lines, and it reduces under eye puffiness. It also clears up acne and softens skin. I have VERY sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and this is the only thing that works. Excema sufferers find it a miracle too.
    You can use it on burns too (I burnt my finger last night and put some on... within 5 minutes it stopped hurting). I know it sounds like it's either a miracle or like I sell the stuff, but swear it's a miracle.

here's the one that I buy. Read the reviews:
    http://www.amazon.com/Emu-Oil-Pure-Premium-Golden/dp/B001MWV40U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347902981&sr=8-1&keywords=emu+oil

btw, I'm 45.
  • Melbot1000
    Melbot1000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm big into home remedies so here are my sugguestions:

-Honey and ibuprofen mask. Smash a few un-coated pill with a tiny bit of water. ( you can also a bit of honey if you like.) smooth onto face, wait 10 mins, scrub gently onto skin with a little water and rinse. Great for oily, inflammed skin and minimizing pores.
    -Egg and lemon face mask. Take one egg white and add a couple drops of lemon juice. whisk with fingers and gently smooth onto skin. When mask is dry, rinse off. Great for oily skin.
    -Sugar and Lemon scrub. Take some sugar and add a couple of lemon drops, just enough to saturate the sugar. Gently scrub onto face and rinse for a smooth, polished glow. Great as a cheap body scrub too! And it smells/tastes yummy!

I personally drink tons of water and take fish oil. Fish oil is a natural anti-imflamate and will help to balance your complexion.

The absolute most important thing to do is to find out what kind of skin you have. Oily? Dry? Combination? Acne prone? Then you can find the best way to balance out your skin. I personally have very oily skin so I don't use moisturizer anymore and it made a huge different in my complexion.

Good Luck!
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you so much guys. These sound fantastic I will try them out.

Thanks again :D
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    I use an amazing product on my skin. It's called EMU oil and you can get it online (I get it on amazon). It's not expensive, lasts forever, and you can use it for a ton of things. It WILL reduce the look of fine lines, and it reduces under eye puffiness. It also clears up acne and softens skin. I have VERY sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and this is the only thing that works. Excema sufferers find it a miracle too.
    You can use it on burns too (I burnt my finger last night and put some on... within 5 minutes it stopped hurting). I know it sounds like it's either a miracle or like I sell the stuff, but swear it's a miracle.

http://www.amazon.com/Emu-Oil-Pure-Premium-Golden/dp/B001MWV40U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347902981&sr=8-1&keywords=emu+oil

btw, I'm 45.

is it made out of emus?
  • Cyanide_Candy
    Options
    I use garniers toner at night. It's in a blue bottle, And it's only 11 dollars for a substantial amount. I love it my face feels all tingly and fresh and it smells like pickles ginger yum! Itll help firm up your skin and reduce pore size. The only problem is that if you have dry skin i would use a light moisturizer in the morning. I'm also a huge fan of the lemon and sugar scrub or for something a little more aggressive use your mornings coffee grounds with a little bit of honey until it is a thick paste -- then scrub away !!

As for any laugh lines and crows feet. I'd say embrace them. I'm only 24 but I can't wait to have laugh lines -- it gives people character and a beauty that only comes with time. :)
  • VexedPixie
    Options
    I really like Ponds Luminous Clean line. I use the exfoliating cleanser. I have hormonal acne, and large pores and it keeps those pretty well in check. It's only $5 for a bottle that's lasted over a month with 2 washes a day and over half the bottle left. I also like Boots Naturals line.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Ponds is the best. Original Ponds.

My gramma, mom and myself have used it on our faces for years. It's awesome.
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks again all some great stuff for me to try.. Gotta say i'm curious about the emu oil
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options

btw, I'm 45.

You just described my skin type! I bought a bottle to try it out. If it's half as good as the reviews say, then it will be a bargain.

(Yes, apparently it is made with real emus! If you're a vegetarian, you might have to try something else.)
  • gabriellejayde
    Options

btw, I'm 45.

You just described my skin type! I bought a bottle to try it out. If it's half as good as the reviews say, then it will be a bargain.

(Yes, apparently it is made with real emus! If you're a vegetarian, you might have to try something else.)

Ooh, let me know if you love it. In fact, give it one week and i bet youll have better skin. I use it morning and night all over my face and neck.
  • gabriellejayde
    Options
    Thanks again all some great stuff for me to try.. Gotta say i'm curious about the emu oil

Im not affiliated with anyone who sells it so i just point people to reviews. My mom uses it on her legs in the summer to give them a little sheen. I had read that its even good for joint pain but i dont know.