Overeating but in healthy way

Options
I'm working really hard to stay in my 1270 kal a day but it's difficult.Sometimes i overeat but healthy food.Would I lose weight anyway idf sometimes happen this to me or should i try to control myself?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm working really hard to stay in my 1270 kal a day but it's difficult.Sometimes i overeat but healthy food.Would I lose weight anyway idf sometimes happen this to me or should i try to control myself?

I'm going to guess that 1270cals is a good deal under your TDEE, so you can overeat a bit and still lose. But the names of foods don't really matter, you'll still gain eating in a surplus and vice versa regardless of the names of your foods
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories. Just because a food is deemed "healthy" doesn't mean you can eat it in excess without consequences.
  • writergirljodie
    writergirljodie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One thing I've been reading up on extensively is leptin resistance. Leptin is a hormone that controls, among other things, your body's fat storage. Before you go on a diet, your body is producing large amounts of leptin to balance out your fat levels. But, once you begin restricting calories, your leptin levels begin to drop off, triggering the starvation mode which causes fat loss plateaus. At this point, with continued calorie restriction, you will begin to burn muscle over fat. Your metabolism slows down to counter the effects of perceived starvation. One way you can have your cake and eat it too is through strategic calorie/carb loading. Pick one day per week as a "cheat" day where you eat as much as 500-800 calories over your daily calorie goal. Make sure to indulge in carbs as leptin, insulin and carbs are all closely linked. This should re-boot your metabolism so that once you go back to your calorie restriction the following day, you will be primed to burn fat again. By the end of the week, you should be back on track with your weight loss goals.

I hope this helps!!
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That's a good point. I'm having the same issue as the op. I'm used to weight watchers, where most veggies are zero points (so you can eat as much as you want). I'm not used to limiting my veggies, but I'm hoping it will make this weight come off faster.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    One thing I've been reading up on extensively is leptin resistance. Leptin is a hormone that controls, among other things, your body's fat storage. Before you go on a diet, your body is producing large amounts of leptin to balance out your fat levels. But, once you begin restricting calories, your leptin levels begin to drop off, triggering the starvation mode which causes fat loss plateaus. At this point, with continued calorie restriction, you will begin to burn muscle over fat. Your metabolism slows down to counter the effects of perceived starvation. One way you can have your cake and eat it too is through strategic calorie/carb loading. Pick one day per week as a "cheat" day where you eat as much as 500-800 calories over your daily calorie goal. Make sure to indulge in carbs as leptin, insulin and carbs are all closely linked. This should re-boot your metabolism so that once you go back to your calorie restriction the following day, you will be primed to burn fat again. By the end of the week, you should be back on track with your weight loss goals.

I hope this helps!!

I think you should do a bit more reading on leptin, dieting, refeeds etc
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    1270 is too low for most of us. You might want to up your calories - somewhere between your BMR and your TDEE. Now granted - overeating is overeating, so if you're consuming 2000+ calories a day healthy or not you won't lose.
  • Amb_er100
    Options
    if a ate 1400-1600 kal but after i exercised to come bac at 1200 sould i lose weight,shouldnt i?