1270 are too few for school?

Options
I'm almost 18 and i started school and now i'm even more hungry than usually.1270 kal seem to not be enough for me!Should I change in "lightly active"?Of course i do exercise everyday or if i'm not in the mood i have a long walk or use hula hop or play at wii just dance whatever to keep my mody moving!So what d ya think?

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose? The recommended deficit depends on that number - the less fat you have, the smaller the deficit. Also, the 1270 calorie goal is the amount of energy you need to end up with at the end of the day in the form of calories, not how many calories you necessarily need to eat. For instance, if you do 300 calories of exercise, you should be eating 1270 + 300 = 1570 calories (1570 - 300 = 1270 goal).
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    How much are you walking? I found that walking to class burned quite a bit.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It all depends entirely on how much you weigh, how much you're trying to lose and in how much time. You're still young and seemingly active though, so I would say that 1270 calories probably is too few.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Running from class to class almost always makes you at least lightly active IMHO. I've never seen a student who didn't qualify.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Running from class to class almost always makes you at least lightly active IMHO. I've never seen a student who didn't qualify.

carrying 50 lbs of textbooks!