Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not as bad as I thought I was

So, this may be a teeny tiny itty bitty nothing to everyone else... but to ME, I feel victorious.

I usually make a big dinner on Sundays when my dad comes over. I am talking 4 course butter and cheese laden carb attack found it on food network type meals (Yes, I know FN has lots of healthy stuff too)... I haven't done them in a month or two for vaious schedule/time/lack of motivation reasons... So, yesterday was the start of Rosh Hashanah. I'm not Jewish but my father is, so for him I decided to make a holiday-inspired meal. I made 2 loaves of Challah from scratch, Honey Roasted chicken, Honey Roasted red potatoes, and veggies.
I came in this morning dreading the calories I was going to add to my food diary for yesterday... but after adding them up I really only came up about 100 cals above target. Yes, I had a couple of oreos as a dessert, but I didn't do nearly as bad as the old me did. I just feel better knowing that I'm viewing food and portions in a different light. That's a big thing for me.
Anyway, just wanted to share. Food doesn't seem to be my enemy anymore! *Happy Dance*

Replies

• conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Yahoo for you! Happy dances burn calories too! :bigsmile:
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    *HAPPY DANCE* with u too. =)
    I personally understand how big of an accomplishment that it.
  • I have found this to be true...Logging foods that aren't truly "Healthy".

And when I think about it, I realize --That is real life. Learning how to fit in what you love. Don't indulge every day, and just be smart (which you were!!!!)

WTG! :)
  • You aren't the only one!! I went to a wedding and thought I was going to be WAY over, but even with a few drinks and the champagne toast I wasn't too far off my mark...Of course that included the dancing we were doing! Viewing food in a different way is huge! Good for you!
  • I have found this to be true...Logging foods that aren't truly "Healthy".

And when I think about it, I realize --That is real life. Learning how to fit in what you love. Don't indulge every day, and just be smart (which you were!!!!)

WTG! :)

SOOO true! Thank you so much!
  • You aren't the only one!! I went to a wedding and thought I was going to be WAY over, but even with a few drinks and the champagne toast I wasn't too far off my mark...Of course that included the dancing we were doing! Viewing food in a different way is huge! Good for you!

Thats awesome. Congratulations to you too!
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    this is a HUGE deal! Congrats :-) I was able to by pass the peach cobbler and banana pudding at my family reunion a few weeks ago. Grapes never tasted so sweet!