Over 50?

Options
Hi! I am a 52 year old midlife mom, havving had my last child at age 40 and never losing the "baby weight". Looking forward to gaining buddies and losing weight!

Replies

• Khymera
    Options
    I'm 51.

I'm single with no kids, but feel free to add me anyway!
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and trying to lose the weight I gained after I quit smoking. Feel free to add me. I'm on here every day & diary is open to friends.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also:)
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 51 and am learning each and every day that this is a lifestyle change. If I can help in any way, please feel free to send me a message. Welcome!
  • Dragoncleaner
    Dragoncleaner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does 48 count? I lost 30 pounds from weight watchers 10 years ago., but never got down to my desired weight, but at least managed to keep the 30 pounds off for over 10 years. Now it's getting harder and I realize I need calcium, iron, fiber and to cut back on my sugar. I'm a widow, boys are grown and out of the house. I would like to loose those final pounds and regain my energy and get my heart back to working strong. Oh, I also have a high stress job with too much overtime, so my other goal is to get out of this type of environment. I've lived a full life and would like to join a group focused on fitness, family and the next phase of life that starts about now.
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    HI! I'll be 52 next month. My children are grown and out of the house. I have about 70 pounds to lose and could always use another buddy. Feel free to add me.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Wow...thanks everyone! I am new so...how do I "add" you?
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 52 (on the 27th). When I first started losing weight (before myfitnesspal) I was at 148. I currently weigh 130 - ultimate goal is 120. Feel free to add me.
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'll be 56 in November. I've lost 30 lbs since I started using this Web site; I'd lost 11 lbs before that. Be sure to check out "Settings" so you can adapt the food diary the way you want it; for instance, I added morning, afternoon, and bedtime snacks, and sodium. Good luck to you! Happy to have another friend.
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Click on the name. There will be a button to add friend.
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 51, kids are grown but I would love to receive a friend request to help each other with support. I'm finding everything a little bit harder at this age.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow...thanks everyone! I am new so...how do I "add" you?

I'm 48 with kids still at home. To add any of these people - me included - click on our user names on the left of where you are reading right now and that will take you to each person. Click add as friend. It's nice when you add a message so people know how you found them.

Hit your back button on your computer and move on to the next person.

There are other ways, but this is pretty easy.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    To add someone as a friend, click on their picture by their post. You will get their profile with a couple of buttons for messaging or adding as a friend. Click on the friend button.

By the way, something else I have found on this site, vs FB or others, is that there is no notification to the person you quote to reply to. So if you really want them to read the reply, rather than just posting a general message to readers of the post topic, then you need to message them individually. Otherwise they will never know you responded directly to their post.

I am 54. Would love to be your friend. Just starting too.
  • rmf626
    Options
    Feel free to add me me, too. I'm 51 and pretty new here. My kids are 18 and 21 and I've never lost my "baby" weight, lol. I actually weight more that during either of my pregnancies. :)
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and male. I have been here almost two months and have lost almost 40 lb. Add me if you'd like. I have logged on every day since I joined.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm baccckkkk....one more time, this time with a plan and even more reasons. My 60th birthday gift to myself was joining a Dr. approved weight loss and fitness plan with a 4 month commitment. My feet and knees told me loudly that I needed to do something and I like MFP, so here I am. MFP's site is far easier to use and the forums are alive, fun, and informative, the food logging is SO MUCH easier.

Anyway...glad to be back, would enjoy some new friends and mutual encouragement. 60, married, two sons, 2 delightful daughter-in laws, 2 sweet as can be grandkids. 1 Golden retriever, 3 cats. Live in northern lower Michigan on Lake Michigan.
  • mamasher06
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 54, and also had my last child at the age of 40! I have 4 kids age 35, 31, 21 & 14. I know...quite the spread..lol!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am not 50 anymore. My story is here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/710320-1-year-anniversary-pics-didn-t-make-my-goal

We have a great community with "over 50", welcome to add me or look at my food plan. To some it is pretty boring, but it worked for at least 1 person.