Coffee

Options
I am recently starting to look at what I eat and drink and make changes. I am a diehard coffee drinker with Coffeemate Creamer in it. However the amount that I enjoy is signifcantly more than that I should be consuming. I am now feel like I am wasting these caleries.... Any suggestions (BESIDES STOP DRINKING IT OR DON"T DRINK COFFEE).....

THanks.

Replies

• JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Don't drink coffee... with creamer. It has no calories until you add the creamer.
  • GPeller
    Options
    Try unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It has a creamy taste and is only 40 calories a cup
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    -Drink better quality coffee. Might not need to doctor it up so much then.

-Replace the CoffeeMate with something else. Regular half and half is much lower calorie than you'd think. The sugar-free coffee syrups can also add some flavoring to your coffee without adding calories. Target carries a line of their own called Archer Fars and Walmart carries Torani.

-Be careful in slowly reducing the amount of caffeine you consume or you may get terrible headaches.
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Drink it black :)
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Yep black coffee doesn't have to be counted in calories. Your body can process it as water so.. it gets counted as water. Just like tea. Now there are several no sugar creamers on the market but now instead of pouring by eye you need to actully measure it out. We are human, you will probably not live your whole life never drinking creamer again but it is all about making smarter creamer choices and moderation!

:)
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    So Delicious Coconut milk creamer? I had this same problem a year and a half ago....I don't like black coffee (and "fake sugar" is not an option for me.) I quit coffee altogether. I love not feeling like I "need" a cup of coffee. I did drink tea instead to replace it (yogi chai is my favorite) for awhile but I don't do that anymore either unless it's cold and/or I feel like it. LOL It was a habit thing for me. I liked waking up and getting a cup and chillin for half hour. Replacing with tea helped that. Guayaki tea is good too and has 1/3 the caffeine of a cup of coffee if you looking for a caffeine fix. LOL
  • jessica0elle
    Options
    It's not easy, but you can train yourself to go without creamer. I did when I was doing a cleanse that would only allow black coffee. (Since then I've quit coffee completely and have no regrets.) I recommend switching to tasty high quality (a really good should taste better just black). Often, low-grade coffee is undrinkable without tons of additives - so go for the best you can find. If you don't want to go cold turkey without creamer, another option is just to switch your creamer to 2 or 3% milk, then skim milk, then nothing and do it gradually. Good luck.
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    As long as my coffee is halfway decent I can drink it without sweetener, if that's an issue for you. As for lightening it, I use milk. I get in my calcium/dairy and can use as much as 2-3 oz. per cup and only consume about a cup of milk a day on a day when I'm having multiple cups of coffee. (If you need some sweetening, a teaspoon of sugar is under 20 calories, or you can use artificial sweeteners if your body is OK with that and it's not excessive.)
  • Kjhill83
    Options
    Yeah, CoffeeMate has tons of calories compared to regular cream, which is only about 40 calories for every 2 tablespoons.

Besides, it's not the cream that's the problem, it's all the added sugar / corn syrup
  • kattp07
    kattp07 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I :drinker: use the sugar free coffee mate it has 15 calories a tablespoon.
  • runningfromzombies
    Options
    I am recently starting to look at what I eat and drink and make changes. I am a diehard coffee drinker with Coffeemate Creamer in it. However the amount that I enjoy is signifcantly more than that I should be consuming. I am now feel like I am wasting these caleries.... Any suggestions (BESIDES STOP DRINKING IT OR DON"T DRINK COFFEE).....

THanks.

Just drink the coffee. One cup, with one tablespoon of creamer. (And a packet of sweetener, if you're me.) It's not a waste of calories unless you're pouring hundreds of calories down the drain for coffee. (Even then it might not be a waste...I love me some coffee. :happy: )
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Try unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It has a creamy taste and is only 40 calories a cup

Thanks! I'm also trying to find a better alternative to fat free cremora/fat free half and half/skim milk/etc. I don't mind spending a few calories on a cup of coffee but it's the 2nd/3rd cup that makes me rethink my creamer calories! I used to drink black coffee but I really prefer coffee with cream I can't wait to try this.