Time to do it right!

Options
Hello!

My name is Krystal, I'm 26 years old and finally had enough. It's sad that it takes getting to the bottom before you decide it's time to climb out, but I guess there is only one way to go from here! UP!

Up in health!
Up in fitness!

Lucky for me, weight loss will come as a product of both.

I'm excited to get started on this amazing journey. I officially started Sept 15th but just now had my first chance to say "Hello!"

PLEASE add me *sounds of desperation*
I need support and I have lots of energy and support to give! I look forward to getting to know you!!

Replies

• kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi , you sound very positive :) look forward to hearing how you are getting on :)
  • andychildsst170
    Options
    hi there.
    wish i had your positivity :).
    i keep running alot but then when i see some progress get bored and pile it all back on :(.
    been going for 3 weeks now so as its going quite well i thought id mix in some healthy eating and loging it on here. Fingers crossed i dont give up again.
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    Hi , you sound very positive :) look forward to hearing how you are getting on :)

I'm very lucky to have a good friend of mine who finally got me going! She has lost almost 70lbs and it just made me decide that I can do it. I hope that my progress will help you with yours and vice versa. Thanks or adding me!! :)
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    hi there.
    wish i had your positivity :).
    i keep running alot but then when i see some progress get bored and pile it all back on :(.
    been going for 3 weeks now so as its going quite well i thought id mix in some healthy eating and loging it on here. Fingers crossed i dont give up again.
    Maybe you should change things up with running. Have you tried different routines other then running? Do you have a distance goal or some other running goal?
  • andychildsst170
    Options
    i basically run till i cant go anymore and it keeps strectching every time i do it. i run 3-4 times a week. When i have no targets i tend to stop so when all my muscle goes again and i do nothing i end up more heavier :(. haha that probably makes no sence.

This time im trying it with eating the right carbs and also protine and fibre in my diet with less salt and less fat so i have to see how it goes for a bit.

Do you do exercise or are you using this for diet only?
    i really struggle with diets because i love my food so would rather run another mile or 2 :)
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    i basically run till i cant go anymore and it keeps strectching every time i do it. i run 3-4 times a week. When i have no targets i tend to stop so when all my muscle goes again and i do nothing i end up more heavier :(. haha that probably makes no sence.

This time im trying it with eating the right carbs and also protine and fibre in my diet with less salt and less fat so i have to see how it goes for a bit.

Do you do exercise or are you using this for diet only?
    i really struggle with diets because i love my food so would rather run another mile or 2 :)

This will be a full process for me. A whole "healthy lifestyle change." Ive tried just dieting and just working out and neither get me anywhere. On diets I end up binging and never coming back. Then when I look at the scale, I weigh more then when I started. When I just exercise the results are so slow that I lose motivation, it feels best to SEE that scale move.

I once lost 40lbs and I felt amazing, but got content and went back to eating the way I was. I overwhelmed my system and it clung to everything. Leaving me 60lbs heavier in half the time. How depressing...

I think that if you can stick to portion control instead of eliminating what you enjoy it will help. Try eating frequently SMALL meals. That keeps your metabolism going so you burn calories and fat constantly and your body doesn't go into starvation mode and hoard all the non-nutritional sugars and carbs you take in.
  • andychildsst170
    Options
    Thats what im going for too :). not going to starve myself or over do it im just going to change the things i already do.
    I dont like seeing people on "starve yourself" diets because you wont have any stregnth and will just get depressed. Always good to get the blood pumping with some exercise at the same time.

i lost 40lbs before too and like you say i felt brilliant but about a month ago i found myself nearly at the start weight again.

Also im trying to ignore the scales because i think sometime you can become a slave to them and get down when you havnt lost anything. Ill just go by how i look in the mirror and see if im happy with it.
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP too, and don't have any MFP friends yet! I'll add you... I could use some motivation :) Congrats on starting you weightloss/fitness journey!
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    Thats what im going for too :). not going to starve myself or over do it im just going to change the things i already do.
    I dont like seeing people on "starve yourself" diets because you wont have any stregnth and will just get depressed. Always good to get the blood pumping with some exercise at the same time.

i lost 40lbs before too and like you say i felt brilliant but about a month ago i found myself nearly at the start weight again.

Also im trying to ignore the scales because i think sometime you can become a slave to them and get down when you havnt lost anything. Ill just go by how i look in the mirror and see if im happy with it.

Yes I think I'm gonna weigh once a month. I'm also not telling any of the people around me. I want them to notice. When they do, it'll be an amazing feeling. :)
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    I'm new to MFP too, and don't have any MFP friends yet! I'll add you... I could use some motivation :) Congrats on starting you weightloss/fitness journey!

This will be awesome! Congratulations on taking another step towards your goal. MFP is an amazing place to help keep your self in check and make friends to keep you motivated. My food diary is viewable to friends so feel free to check it out for any ideas. That's one of my favorite things to do. I always need fresh ideas so I don't get bored and slack off.
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You seem like a very upbeat person!

I am always looking for friends who try to lose weight the healthy way. No starvation, no over-exercising, eating healthy! I have seen some people on here who have a calorie goal of 1,200 and they eat 800 calories and exercise so much that at the end of the day they are have a net of -400 calories. THAT IS NOT HEALTHY.
  • andychildsst170
    Options
    that sounds a good idea. i think ill do the same with you then :).

I like it when people say "youve lost weight". it really helps doesnt it.
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Krystal, I'm 26 years old and finally had enough. It's sad that it takes getting to the bottom before you decide it's time to climb out, but I guess there is only one way to go from here! UP!

Up in health!
    Up in fitness!

Lucky for me, weight loss will come as a product of both.

I'm excited to get started on this amazing journey. I officially started Sept 15th but just now had my first chance to say "Hello!"

PLEASE add me *sounds of desperation*
    I need support and I have lots of energy and support to give! I look forward to getting to know you!!

Hey Add me. I agree, its time to do it right. I have been logging and exercising for 20 days... I think I misses only two days of exercise. Nonetheless, I am committed to losing the 24 more lbs and really living a healthy life style. Best of luck on your journey.
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You seem like a very upbeat person!

I am always looking for friends who try to lose weight the healthy way. No starvation, no over-exercising, eating healthy! I have seen some people on here who have a calorie goal of 1,200 and they eat 800 calories and exercise so much that at the end of the day they are have a net of -400 calories. THAT IS NOT HEALTHY.

At that rate they might as well just become anorexic or bulimic(sp?)! It's the same thing!! I couldn't imagine exercising that much! I'd be so burnt out. I'm a fat girl at the heart of it all, and I love my food. If I ate it, then made it disappear.. I'd eat more. Lol,
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    Hey Add me. I agree, its time to do it right. I have been logging and exercising for 20 days... I think I misses only two days of exercise. Nonetheless, I am committed to losing the 24 more lbs and really living a healthy life style. Best of luck on your journey.

You have been added!! Yay! Thank you! I look forward to going in this journey with you!
  • 29andfat
    Options
    Hello! I just added you. :D
  • paramoresmisery
    Options
    I will be your support team. Feel free to add me :)
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    I will be your support team. Feel free to add me :)
    Hello! I just added you. :D

Accepted and Added! YAY! Thank you so much!
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    good luck on getting healthy. i sent a friend request.
  • SimplyKry
    Options
    good luck on getting healthy. i sent a friend request.

Thanks so much! We will both hit our goals!!