Pre and Post workout food

Options
What is the list go to food after a workout or before whether its cardio or strength training. Ive heard some drink protein drinks, some will eat a banana, or someone will just got for the gunner and eat something like a donut. I am on a low carb diet, initially not going over 50 carbs, no more than 100 carbs..what is everyone take on this.

Replies

• lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    doing the bump
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Running in the morning is my workout of choice, so before I go on a run I drink a cup or two of coffee for the extra oomph. When I return from my run I make a protein shake. This works best for me. Different food options will work better for different people.
  • mwhite0578
    Options
    Typically I workout in the am for about an hour doing strength training and cardio. I usually have whole wheat toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a small banana. The banana will keep nausea down if you have it. The whole wheat has the carbs and protein to fuel my workout. Some people workout on an empty stomach but I find that doesn't give me the energy I need and by the mid-point of my workout I feel sluggish. Post-workout I try (need to get back to doing) to have a protein shake. The protein will repair and build muscle and it's low calorie and will help shrink the size of your stomach.