Picture NSV...Screw the Scale!!!

Options
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/samantharelien/new general album/progression-sept2012-small.jpg[/img]

First picture is a random shot I took of myself in January of this year...then the next one was taken in May after running for about a month...I took one every month from then on...so it's January, May, June, July, August, September :)

SW 145
CW 127
GW 120-125 (whatever feels healthy)
Height 5'4 1/2"

Still a work in progress...still have skin/belly fat covering those abs...but I know they are there, I may never see them completely, but I sure am trying :/

I'm a mom to 3 kiddos...4, 3 and 18 months...started running in April and last month finished Ripped in 30 and currently doing JM 6 week 6 pack...and I still run 3-5 days a week. Best advice I can give...screw the scale...take measurements and TAKE PICTURES and find people on here that have the same goals as yourself...that has been one of my biggest motivators :) Hope to be back one day with a nice ab shot :)

Replies

• LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    [img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/samantharelien/new general album/progression-sept2012-small.jpg[/img]

First picture is a random shot I took of myself in January of this year...then the next one was taken in May after running for about a month...I took one every month from then on...so it's January, May, June, July, August, September :)

Still a work in progress...still have skin/belly fat covering those abs...but I know they are there, I may never see them completely, but I sure am trying :/

I'm a mom to 3 kiddos...4, 3 and 18 months...started running in April and last month finished Ripped in 30 and currently doing JM 6 week 6 pack...and I still run 3-5 days a week. Best advice I can give...screw the scale...take measurements and TAKE PICTURES and find people on here that have the same goals as yourself...that has been one of my biggest motivators :) Hope to be back one day with a nice ab shot :)

Wow youve done an amazing job.. thanks for sharing
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing! I agree with pictures they are wayyyy better than the scale :flowerforyou:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You look great! You've done awesome, thank you for sharing!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    screw the scale...take measurements and TAKE PICTURES

THIS THIS THIS!!

Congrats!!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    awesome transformation!
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Looking good & looks like you are beach ready. I'm working to get "beach ready" by my trip to Playa Del Carmen in Feb....not going to be there for Cozumel next month, but I'll be in great shape for diving! Darn my love of carbs!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Pics show more than scale. How many sizes did you drop? Those jeans aren't the same ones. :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!!!
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Slow and steady gets you there. Keep it up!
  • KimMaplesBaker
    Options
    That is great! I was actually just very frustrated because the scale weight wasn't dropping, yet I am losing inches! argh! I never thought to take a monthly pic for motivation as well as encouragement. thank you!!!

and GREAT JOB!!!!! you look fantastic!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    GREAT attitude and great results.... thanks for sharing! You look amazing!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job! Such an inspiration!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic and you just have to love NSV's...
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Love the progression! Awesome job :drinker:
  • jagger27
    Options
    Actually they are the same jeans, they are sz 10 :) I still keep them around to show how far I've come (I really only wear them once a month for this picture now) :) plus now they fit me more like a boyfriend cut jean instead of a skinny can of biscuits cut like in January :) I was probably a true sz 12 in the first picture and now I'm a sz 6
    Fantastic. Pics show more than scale. How many sizes did you drop? Those jeans aren't the same ones. :)

Thank you all, this is why I love MFP...everyone is just so supportive and is here to cheer you on :) I really never thought I'd see size 6 again or be in the 120's again...after having my kids I thought how is that even possible...but it was like something clicked in April and I haven't looked back since, I've been pretty determined...but yet not to the point where I deprived myself of the things I love (I still eat sweets here and there and I enjoy my beers and wine) I did find out through the course of all of this that I don't crave them as much now though...but when I do have them now they taste even better :) And in the last month I started having a "cheat" day and that is where a few of my last couple of pounds lost came from I think. When I started this journey I don't think I was eating enough so the weight didn't come off as easy. Really, I'm most comfortable in a sz 6 (I was a 4/6 before I had kids and I felt like it was a healthy size for me) so I don't really want to lose anymore that way, but I would like to tone up my midsection more...which is what I'm hoping happens with JM 6w6p :) Also, I plan to start training for my first half in December :)
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    u are doing AWESOMEEEE!!!
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look great!
  • 30theFASTway
    30theFASTway Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK!!!
  • cgthompson84
    cgthompson84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!